What IR's are you guys using with your Helix for metal?

Rex Rocker

Looking for a kinda sorta Sneap-ish sound out of a Helix. Stock cabs sound kinda weak.

What IR's should I look into?

Thanks!

Try the York Audio $1 Mesa V-30 2x12
The 57/121 blend generally does the trick for me.
See what you think.
Love them with AxeFX

The Helix is my least favorite for rock and metal and I've tried them all. My favorite is my FM3 and it has hundreds of free IRs included with it so I've had the chance to sample many. My favorite is ML Sound Lab 2x12 Zilla with G12H-75 Creambacks. I also like York and OH.. I think most people like York the best. The York Friedman is really good as is the OH GNR.

I like the new Ownhammer pack. The cabs each have a blend called EVEN which to me sounds pretty natural and saves the trouble of endless IR auditioning.

I have several York packs and I like that they sound thicker and not nasal, but I cannot shake this weird phase-y sound that I hear with them. It's worse with some than others. I seem to be the only person that has any gripe about them, though.

Ownhammer, Bogren, Mendel, York, etc. It sort of depends on what you're doing. I use totally different IRs for going FOH than I used for recording.

Ownhammer.

I was going to look into making my own, but my guitarist got the OH pack and found something. I put mics on my bass rig and did real bass and what I recorded blew away anything in there for bass. I want to make an IR of my vintage SVT with the mics I used.

can you make irs from this program so you can put them in your ir loarder or are you stuck having to play into your computer?

After you setup whatever IR blend you like, you can export the mix as a single IR, yes.

I set things up to stream my Axe-Fx straight into it and then my monitors so I can tweak in real time, then I import the IR after dialing a sound I like and I’m good to go.

After you setup whatever IR blend you like, you can export the mix as a single IR, yes.

I set things up to stream my Axe-Fx straight into it and then my monitors so I can tweak in real time, then I import the IR after dialing a sound I like and I’m good to go.
you are a legend!, thankyou i needed to know this to pull the trigger. cheers man

Back