Well, Adam Jones still has monster live tone

Yeah I think 10,000 Days was his peak tone. Vicarious, Jambi, and The Pot sound just amazing. He's never sounded bad by any stretch but that album is my fav of his tone.
Yes totally. It’s like he took the most time trying to perfect it or something. It’s just so solid and tight

That's one of the bands I've never seen and I would love to see a show. What's weird is as much as I like the guitar, I get mesmerized by listening to their drummer. He and the bass player have an incredible groove together! Hope all is good Bubba🤘
HANDS DOWN thank you on this comment. Being a guitar based forum, we tend to focus on AJ's tone (and rightfully so, massive fanboy RIGHT here!!), but GODDAMN you listen to their music - like *really* listen - and one truly realizes how much heavy lifting Justin actually does. Incredible player. The sum of all their parts together most certainly is MOAR!!

Danny Carey?? Just GTFOutta here... :LOL::2thumbsup: Guy's from another dimension - there's just no other explanation.

To the OP - glad you enjoyed the show!!

Tonight!

I've read elsewhere that at some shows on this tour it was Marshall/VH4/Dual Rec but others were Marshall/VH4/VH4.

I'm way up in the nosebleeds BUT...front row. Can't fucking wait. It's been a while.

I've never got to see them. But they are a great band.

They are strong as a band, as they create those sweet tone.

Tonight!

I've read elsewhere that at some shows on this tour it was Marshall/VH4/Dual Rec but others were Marshall/VH4/VH4.

I'm way up in the nosebleeds BUT...front row. Can't fucking wait. It's been a while.
Band was great, visuals were amazing, sound was boomy af. It was probably an upper level thing, the folks in lower levels seemed to be way more into it. Lots of movement, head bobbing, etc. down there.

AJ had the Marshall and two VH4s. Great tone but all the sub bass from the PA sort of dominated everything.

Carey is such a beast.

I had seen them during the 10,000 Days tour back in 2007. In the last 10 years I've gotten snowed out with a canceled flight to Nashville and thunder stormed out of a festival show 3 years ago in Rockingham where they were supposed to be the headliner before lighting shut it down. My luck was awful.

But I finally got to see them again in late 2019 in Raleigh. After that show I bought a Guitar and started to learn...haven't put it down since.

Shortly after the Raleigh show, I jumped a flight to Nashville to see them again just before the Pandemic shut the world down.

They are no where near N.C. this time, but for Christmas my wife got me tickets to see them in D.C. in two weeks.

I am starting to become my father...he travels to 3-4 shows a year for every The Rolling Stones tour.

The latest album took a few plays to realize, but I think it may be some of their best work. Pneuma and Descending are two of their best songs ever.

Dug Pinnick has one of the best bass tones on the planet.

I love this old clip from the Jon Stewart show. Its a rare example of killer tones that make the whole band sound like one giant instrument.

And for my money, this is as good as it gets for Dual Rec tones.

Yeah, Doug's Ampeg/Rivera sound combined with Ty's Recto tone was perfection. Saw them open for Pearl Jam in '93 and headline in '94 at a smaller club. It was their best live tone.

Just curious but is the veil thing something new or something they've done for some time? It's a pretty killer visual effect.

Check out Tool's travel kit from this tour. 😮

IMG_1187 2 copy.jpg

Thru most of the show you have a new set of lights/laser or something coming at you left and right. One you haven't yet seen even tho you've seen a ton already. And so much rigging above. The engineer in me always marvels at all that shit getting set up/tore down night after night. Wonder how many are in the crew?

That`s insane,VH didnt even roll with that many tractor trailers in their heyday. Thats a good name for that band :hys:

Back