Torpedo Reload - Low Loadbox output to DAW

Dr. Marvin Monroe

Hi,
currently trying to record guitar using my tube amp and the reload. Basically I just use the silent recording setup. While everything is working, the output of the loadbox out to my converter is too low. Not sure what to make of it as the converter only allows for +4db or -10db sensitivity. +4db is just coming in around -18dbfs and -10db is of course worse.

Without boosting the crap out of it in the WOS UI I cannot get a decent signal level to the DAW. Now as I understand there is no provision to adjust the level on the Reload itself. The converter has 2 settings as stated above so the only option would be cranking the amp. Anyway, I am already driving the power section of my amp at good levels. At least my head would be ripped of if I was in front of the amp IRL w/o the loadbox.

Would be great to hear what could be done.

Cheers
Doctor Marvin Monroe

hello @Dr. Marvin Monroe . In order to help you out in setting the right levels, can you please tell us what audio interface you have the H9000 connected to? The H9000 does not have any preamp input. The Reload is able to send out a very high level of signal out of the unit, but for comfort it is better to work with an interface/mixing desk that allows you to set the gain accordingly.
Reading the Eventide's manual it is possible to set the H9000 as an audio interface but as Eventide states, it is not a traditional audio interface.

As for the current level you have, -18 dBFS is one of the levels used in the broadcast industry for mixes. If your average level is -18dBFS with your current amp settings, you currently have a perfect gain structure. Can you tell us more about how your levels are in the DAW, please?

Hi, usually on my studio setup the Reload goes straight to a BURL Bomber ADC. As I use this more for a songwriting environment currently, using the H9000 as an ADC allows me more flexibility with respect to DA recording. On the Burl I am able to change the input sensitivity to taste and usually no big deal to get the levels right. Sure, the H9000 has no preamp but same for the Burl in a sense. Anyway, considering it crunches a lot of watts in the way in, the Reload should be able to put something out within an acceptable range. Considering that it is basically a solid state amp fed by the attenuated amp speaker output, its feels strange that there is no way to adjust the output levels.

Hello Marvin, can you please submit a ticket on the Two notes helpdesk ( support.two-notes.com) ? Can you please upload audio samples so we can understand what is happening on your end? PLease also attach a screenshot of the vumeter of the track in your DAW please while signal is being sent by the Reload to the DAW.

I will forward the elements to the head engineer to het his assesment.

Back