OMFG White Lion is stuck in my head…

Yeah man. I dig those tunes. Vito was such a great player. He had great tone and excellent technique. Probably my fave for tapping other than EVH.
Yeah that solo still blows me away when I listen to it. So unique in its phrasing. It’s probably one of my favorite solos of all time. It’s too bad Vito didn’t become more prolific.

Reactions: PDC
Wait is great and fun tapping lesson. Vito's sense for melody and phrasing is unique with very clean technical execution.

I liked White Lion. First couple of records. It was the height of the hair band era at that time so I get the style they had. Vito was labelled a VH clone and to an extant he was but he had something a little different than most of them. I think it is a shame that he never put anything out for the rest of his life after that band. I wonder how you can walk away from something you were so special at doing and would think he would have gotten back into music just for fun at least. Maybe he is, I don't know. It is sad we did not get more material from him.

I liked White Lion. First couple of records. It was the height of the hair band era at that time so I get the style they had. Vito was labelled a VH clone and to an extant he was but he had something a little different than most of them. I think it is a shame that he never put anything out for the rest of his life after that band. I wonder how you can walk away from something you were so special at doing and would think he would have gotten back into music just for fun at least. Maybe he is, I don't know. It is sad we did not get more material from him.
It’s really baffling why he turned into such a hermit. I was thinking he may be extremely introverted and just doesn’t like being around people. If you watch old videos, though, of him interacting with people, and he doesn’t seem socially awkward or anything.

I wonder if the shift from hair metal to the grunge stuff (and his band being one of those that would’ve been very maligned, look at this thread, the band is still being made fun of somewhat - and by guitarists that acknowledge his talent) was the straw that broke the camel’s back for him, in regards to the music business side of it. I do remember him complaining in an interview back in the day that one of the record executives said his playing was sloppy and made other derogatory comments about his music/playing. I think all of that was too much for him.

Imagine if the “classic” WL lineup were to reunite for a tour. They’d take in some serious dough, I’d think. All those guys are still alive, and not decrepit. Vito is such a mystery, though.

Vito is such a talent! Mike Tramp been touring alone and with other players for quite some time. Just not the same without Vito

I think Vito became a full time caretaker of his dad around the time the band broke up and then he had a hand injury that made it painful to play. Still wish he'd come out of hiding. He has a huge a following.

I love his playing and really liked the band. All around hard to play that stuff accurately.

There was a thread about Vito a while back on here. There were some comments about his father passing and him staying home to take care of his mother. But sounds like he just didn’t like public life and so that went with it.

This seems to confirm that a little anyway:

Back