Worst EVER

Guys, the seller contacted me...he said the buyer is supposed to be coming but if he flakes, guess who's next?!?! Send a RT prayer my way😎

Exactly, where if ever will I find another one...this is the 2100 EL34 model. The 2150 has the same rep but different color/tone. Little B is the only one on the forum I know who owns a chrome 2100. He would be the one to ask afa his experience how good the amp performs.

Back in the day I had a few 2150 amps and anything u ran through it sounded better, flat out crushing tones.

Vai had a purple one in his touring rack for a while, not sure if it was in there in ‘93 but it was in ‘96/’97.

I've seen a bunch of those older VHT power amps in purple w/ matching(?) purple Soldano preamps over the years.

By a bunch, I probably mean a dozen or so, if that, but still.....sexy. Not sure what I'd pay for it though.

FWIW, I've been able to A/B the 2150 and Classic Reissue and they are both completely insane. For example, I'll play any old head as normal, then reamp it through one of these power amps and it instantly makes them sound twice as enormous. Everything you've read about them is pretty much spot on...the 2150 is a bit tighter and rawer, with a bit more aggression. The Classic colors the tone with a bit more warmth and sounds more 3D. Still plenty tight though if pairing with a tight-ish preamp.

Honestly I would have a hard time choosing if I had to pick one. I probably play the 2150 more, but having arguably the nicest EL34 power section in existence is insane to play around with when that flavor is desired. I'd imagine you can score a 2150 for cheaper, though everything is obviously ridiculous right now. I paid $1800 for mine a couple years ago and had the seller ship directly to Fryette for a checkup. The classic was $4k new, but LA Vintage Gear was able to do PPG and save me the tax. Totally worth $4k+ man, just bank on selling that Purple Marshall of yours in the classifieds and go for it! :D

Honestly, I just don’t see the prices for great used/vintage gear changing anytime soon. The GC inventory is still far lower than it’s been historically…and every time something pops up for a pre Covid price, it’s gonzo in less than an hour. JCM 800 4104 combo, horizontal inputs 1700 GONE. A Candy Tangerine USA SoCal from 2008, gone in 30 minutes. 750.
So when you have a chance to buy something you want, rare and expensive but you can swing it, do it.

FWIW, I've been able to A/B the 2150 and Classic Reissue and they are both completely insane. For example, I'll play any old head as normal, then reamp it through one of these power amps and it instantly makes them sound twice as enormous. Everything you've read about them is pretty much spot on...the 2150 is a bit tighter and rawer, with a bit more aggression. The Classic colors the tone with a bit more warmth and sounds more 3D. Still plenty tight though if pairing with a tight-ish preamp.

Honestly I would have a hard time choosing if I had to pick one. I probably play the 2150 more, but having arguably the nicest EL34 power section in existence is insane to play around with when that flavor is desired. I'd imagine you can score a 2150 for cheaper, though everything is obviously ridiculous right now. I paid $1800 for mine a couple years ago and had the seller ship directly to Fryette for a checkup. The classic was $4k new, but LA Vintage Gear was able to do PPG and save me the tax. Totally worth $4k+ man, just bank on selling that Purple Marshall of yours in the classifieds and go for it! :D
I did, afa preamps the only one I have is my Langner dcp-1 and that will no doubt be ideal all things considered, really like what you had to say about both poweramps. I've had two 2150s and unfortunately had to sell them for money back in the day but pressing forward the el34 beast that it is I know will be killer for single note lines, I was so super stressed today hahaha....this is one of those moments that you know is another level. The seller made it so easy, you dogs helped and I gotta thank you for being being the sick and twisted gear whores that you are, this forum is saving me money on the therapy I really need hahaha...how twisted is that!!?!!

Last edited:
Back