2022 Gear Plans!!! Post Them Up!!!

I was supposed to get a new 6505 shipped this week but checked zzounds and it's no longer showing a ship date.

Found a 6505+ at guitar center it didn't have pics but the description said great condition and made in USA.. Country of origin doesn't really matter that much to me but the condition better be great.... I got it for $650 my luck is they will ship me a 6505mh... we will see.

I'm putting a deposit down on a chubtone explorer next Wednesday. Then just waiting on my Duvell to get built.

I'm going to try to hustle and get a new single cut and I'm leaning towards an FGN. Either that or a V but honestly I don't know if I can swing it this year.

My 5150 II has kicked a lot of amps to the curb. A few hints to get the most out of them:

The stock bias resistor doesn’t allow you to bias it out of crossover distortion. It’s a simple well documented mod to change 1 resistor to allow a wider range of adjustment. I recommend this mod.

The OT stock isn’t that great in them and the tonal improvement from heyboer, Mercury, anything really, is a worthwhile investment.

Tube roll is important in these to get the best tone. Learn what sockets are which part of the amp and load it accordingly. I like to run a cleaner AU7 dedicated to just the crunch/clean and a high gain in V1 shared by all channels to boost the crunch channel and provide a stellar clean and lead tone. I run a set of sovtek WCs in the lead channel to clean it up and add sizzle. V1 is to taste.

Just these few things alone make an already great amp even better. I’ve kept mine for years after these mods and I wouldn’t have kept it around without them.

I pulled the trigger on one of my “wants” ahead of schedule. It is scheduled for delivery this Friday. Any guesses? LOL

1. Send Marshall out to get modded.
2. Super strat, late 60's relic'd sunburst look with 1 pick-up and concentric pot.
3. Improved acoustic set-up, vocalizer and BOSE P.A. type deal. If the band situation isn't better, I'll do some acoustic gigs to get my ha-ha's.
4. Bass head to replace the one I have.
Sending my 1974 Marshall S/A to Dave Hopkins tomorrow for the axxess mod. :giggle:

My plan is to make sure everything I’m using
sounds good and is reliable.
The mission is to find the right players with
the choice flavor of the vibe and good looks.
I am going to install a large window that faces the jam room, in my office which will soon have a board.. a f’n mothership.
Stoked, maybe Alex Lifeson will stop by on his way on through and take over the control room during his tasty guitar solo in the song Tom Sawyer..,
DIME all the faders!!!
Anyone remember that from the music video for the song? KILLER!

*I do think Getty Lee should be fed headfirst into a Whisper wood chipper*

all the stuff I ordered is on wait like I said . Hermansson and mk 3 ++ will be here in March. But I been waiting awhile . So I want to get a 78 jmp 2303 possible. I should have bought the one I wanted last year . Live and learn

pay off the shit i bought this year.
recap my boogies
maybe a tone zone in my strat bridge?
maybe get some g12-65's in my mix somewhere.
sy-1 pedal for goofing around?
sell my perfectly good byoc ce-2 copy for a BOSS CE-2w
maybe get a boss dd-2 just to have around even though i have a dm-2w and RV-3. different flavors man....

I'll sell 1 guitar and 1 amp. Dont plan on buying anything other than perhaps a used Martin D28 priced right. Refuse to pay the stupid new or used pricing.

Quad Cortex on order - will pair it up with a Fryette LXII or possibly a PS100. Dumping the PRS MT15 and will get an 800 kit as my sole tube amp. Chubtone on order. That's my plan.....right now that is.
Give a look at the KSR PA50 if you haven't. I used it and the power station with the QC. The PA50 was really nice with it

Last edited:
I decided I really want a strat. I am going to look for a deal on a beat up MIM strat with a rosewood board, probably strip the paint install some better pickups.

Right now the only thing I have planned is a prototype Reverend Corgan(2nd model). I'm 2nd in line for one and can't freakin wait.
I'm thinking about adding the STL Tones Lee Malia set to my recording setup. I did the trial and it's dead on boosted JCM 800 tones.

I basically got everything that I need all through last year. My intention wasn't to get anything new this year as I am retiring from my job at the end of June. I can't wait!

Although, you never know what comes out new and hits the GAS radar hard! Plans can change!

I’ve just gone from a nice, small setup (Bogner 3534, 1x12 port city cab with evm12l) to a Bogner 101b and a Suhr 2 x12. I’ve spent years playing small, lower heads so this is a pretty big change. Still getting used to the amp and how honest it is and the cab is far too heavy with the EV in so I’m waiting for delivery of a Barefaced Audio 2x12 to help lighten the load

- Receive the ESP USA Eclipse that I ordered in 2020
- If I'm lucky, receive the Jackson RR1T CS I also ordered in 2020
- Get my hands on a Wizard
- Get a couple guitars off for refinishing
- Downsize the collection by a few pieces
- Stop procrastinating on my ideas to build a guitar or two

1. Send Marshall out to get modded.
2. Super strat, late 60's relic'd sunburst look with 1 pick-up and concentric pot.
3. Improved acoustic set-up, vocalizer and BOSE P.A. type deal. If the band situation isn't better, I'll do some acoustic gigs to get my ha-ha's.
4. Bass head to replace the one I have.
Here's #1 - Dave just finished it and posted this -

He put in a loop and DC heaters also along with the 5 stage Axis mod. I'll get it back, hopefully, by Thursday.:m17:
#2 is going to be two super-strats, one USA flag, one sunburst. 3/4 done with those.

Last edited:
My 5150 II has kicked a lot of amps to the curb. A few hints to get the most out of them:

The stock bias resistor doesn’t allow you to bias it out of crossover distortion. It’s a simple well documented mod to change 1 resistor to allow a wider range of adjustment. I recommend this mod.

The OT stock isn’t that great in them and the tonal improvement from heyboer, Mercury, anything really, is a worthwhile investment.

Tube roll is important in these to get the best tone. Learn what sockets are which part of the amp and load it accordingly. I like to run a cleaner AU7 dedicated to just the crunch/clean and a high gain in V1 shared by all channels to boost the crunch channel and provide a stellar clean and lead tone. I run a set of sovtek WCs in the lead channel to clean it up and add sizzle. V1 is to taste.

Just these few things alone make an already great amp even better. I’ve kept mine for years after these mods and I wouldn’t have kept it around without them.

Unfathomably based and tonepilled reply!

I’ve just gone from a nice, small setup (Bogner 3534, 1x12 port city cab with evm12l) to a Bogner 101b and a Suhr 2 x12. I’ve spent years playing small, lower heads so this is a pretty big change. Still getting used to the amp and how honest it is and the cab is far too heavy with the EV in so I’m waiting for delivery of a Barefaced Audio 2x12 to help lighten the load
Creambacks? I love Zack Wish' tone from his YoutTube with those speakers in that cab!

My first gear acquisition of 2022 is on its way: my Headfirst Cali 50w! Very excited about this amp. Jason was awesome and just posted a video of my exact amp that he recorded before it left Australia, check it out below.

Otherwise, I've been selling so far to make room for some microphones, recording gear, and a few things coming through later this year. Specifically, I've got a Friedman Naked Mk III on order and I'm definitely going to pick up the Friedman "Classic Line" Van Halen Plexi if it drops this year.

Oh and I've been paying for repairs... I've had three guys sell me broken amps in the last few months (two I believe were intentional -- i.e., they knew it was broken when they shipped it -- and the other I think the guy was just an idiot and didn't realize a feature on the amp wasn't working correctly). My Rev F Dual Rectifier also got messed up in my move and I had to have that repaired too. Bummer but it can all be fixed :)

Where can one find information on a new Naked? I've been looking to get one for years, but I was under the impression getting one from Friedman was out of the question.

Back