RT modded 68 Marshall Major without Mike Audette playing it.......

AWESOME! Same basic vibe as my Monomyth Superleads. NOTHING better then an old Hot-rodded Marshallby a good modder.

If I didn't have 2 Monomyths, I'd be looking at an RT for sure.

Sounds great! I am on the plexi amp hunt and would be interested in something like that if the price was right. The 1987X was first on my list, if I could find one locally, but it looks like I will have to pick one up and have it shipped. If I am doing that, will absolutely consider one of those! Love the Pandora modded 2203X I have now.

All of those clips sounded killer to my ears. I wanna super lead type amp like that. But then again, I have the Morris Perplexed already so maybe I don't need it lol

I did the RT split cathode mod to my 1972 Superlead and out of all the mods that I have tried over the years, Mod5/ Ralle mods/Bray style mods the Audette RT mod whether you do the original shared cathode or split cathode both sound and feel the most like my variaced and loaded down Marshall EVH spec 68 Plexi and with the RT mod I don't have to variac it or use an attentuator if I don't want to.

If you like great plexi tones I highly recommend the RT mod for your amp. I posted these clips because everyone always say the RT mods sound great because Audette is a great player. I can honestly say yes Mr. Audette is a great guitar player but his mod does sound as good as what you hear in his clips and Littleguitars clips prove that.

Thanks for the positive feedback and nice comments guys. I have a lot of fun playing and recording samples of these amps, so it's nice to hear that some others enjoy these tones too.

Back