83' 2204 JCM800 and Carl Martin PlexiRanger clip

Fret-Shredder

Hey guys... I don't really post clips but I am so impressed with this pedal I wanted to share a quick one with you. Clip is with the boost engaged and you can hear the button when I step on it. 😆 Settings on my amp and pedal as shown. Unlike the SD-1 and VFE DRAGON where I usually have the gain around 7 when using one of those... The PlexiRanger is best with the gain around 4. Super low volume too. Recorded on my Galaxy S10 phone. I just set the phone on another amp about 5 feet away. There are some legit videos on the PLEXIRANGER on YouTube if you want an in depth review. I have other distortion pedals on my front of amp board but I'm hooked right now on this thing.

Attachments

• 20220121_165158.jpg
    20220121_165158.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 138
  • 20211225_134324.jpg
    20211225_134324.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 132
I’m kinda freakin’ out right now.
I have been wrestling in the closet
with this pedal here’.
Never typed or talked about it, just romanced’
with it in my mind, ears & fingers.
Then, last night I had a dream I was running’ with
that bastard son from the Murdaugh family,
We burned down the town and then I turned on the ‘dynasty’ and mowed them all down.
Then, the 1st thingy’ on the google home/Spam/page is a full shot of the Murdaugh dad dude.. add this demo 1st thingy’ on RT..
I know.. I’m freakin’ out too..LOL!
Seriously though, this pedal has been calling me,
especially with my new set-up.
I dig how you can combine & dial in the two sounds around & INTO your sound, now we’re talking’!!!(More EQ!)
I appreciate designs like this and then a ripping
guitar player putting it to work.
Good stuff.

Last edited:
Great tone and great playing. I dig the cellphone clip - no post production magic to hide behind. If it sounds good on an iPhone you know it sounds glorious in the room. Can’t say that about every over-polished Pro-Tools clip floating around online.

This clip is a great example of why I’m not into modding for gain. There’s too many good pedals and I can keep the stock tone of the amp. Changing the type of gain is just another pedal away. I totally get modding for wanted features ie. Loops, 2nd master’s, power reduction etc.
I’ve regretted the mods for gain I’ve done in the past, vs the stock amp.

Back