83' 2204 JCM800 and Carl Martin PlexiRanger clip

Always liked this clip! Mike is a really good friend of mine and when he sent me this clip a few weeks back I was floored of the tone and great player Mike is. So much that I asked him to send me the tabs…Im going to grab to pedal real soon.

Always liked this clip! Mike is a really good friend of mine and when he sent me this clip a few weeks back I was floored of the tone and great player Mike is. So much that I asked him to send me the tabs…Im going to grab to pedal real soon.
Much appreciated my friend.

It's hard to find this pedal.. surprised the big stores don't sell it. I've been wanting a treble booster for my 2204. I've also been wanting a Plexi. Does the Plexi side make your 2204 sound like a Plexi? This would be the perfect pedal for me if so...

It's hard to find this pedal.. surprised the big stores don't sell it. I've been wanting a treble booster for my 2204. I've also been wanting a Plexi. Does the Plexi side make your 2204 sound like a Plexi? This would be the perfect pedal for me if so...
I've never owned a Plexi amplifier so I can't answer that. I just like how it makes my JCM800 2204 sound. Its definitely different from my SD-1 and VFE DRAGON. There's plenty of them on Reverb. I got lucky and found one like new condition on the Gear Page marketplace. Sorry I can't help you with more information. Search YouTube there's a couple of in depth reviews on the pedal.

I don't know what you guys are hearing but I thought the plexi ranger gave that JCM800 a cameresque mids type of attack kerrang/clank and grind.

I would love to hear another louder clip of this setup. That plexi ranger must be jamming alot mids/treble DB into the front end Dime style if you are running the pre-amp gain at 4. It also seem to have alot of clarity to the tone as well!

Very Nice! Carry On.............

Hey guys... I don't really post clips but I am so impressed with this pedal I wanted to share a quick one with you. Clip is with the boost engaged and you can hear the button when I step on it. 😆 Settings on my amp and pedal as shown. Unlike the SD-1 and VFE DRAGON where I usually have the gain around 7 when using one of those... The PlexiRanger is best with the gain around 4. Super low volume too. Recorded on my Galaxy S10 phone. I just set the phone on another amp about 5 feet away. There are some legit videos on the PLEXIRANGER on YouTube if you want an in depth review. I have other distortion pedals on my front of amp board but I'm hooked right now on this thing.

Fuck yes!🤘🎸

Hey guys... I don't really post clips but I am so impressed with this pedal I wanted to share a quick one with you. Clip is with the boost engaged and you can hear the button when I step on it. 😆 Settings on my amp and pedal as shown. Unlike the SD-1 and VFE DRAGON where I usually have the gain around 7 when using one of those... The PlexiRanger is best with the gain around 4. Super low volume too. Recorded on my Galaxy S10 phone. I just set the phone on another amp about 5 feet away. There are some legit videos on the PLEXIRANGER on YouTube if you want an in depth review. I have other distortion pedals on my front of amp board but I'm hooked right now on this thing.

I was just listening to this awesome tone and playing again and I didn't hear any change in tone when you clicked the pedal on and off. You're amp seems to have a ton of gain for the settings you have pictured? It sounds awesome though... the most perfect sound I've heard. Is the amp modded or is another pedal on?

I was just listening to this awesome tone and playing again and I didn't hear any change in tone when you clicked the pedal on and off. You're amp seems to have a ton of gain for the settings you have pictured? It sounds awesome though... the most perfect sound I've heard. Is the amp modded or is another pedal on?
There is a difference in tone when the treble boost is engaged. Probably just can't hear it. It's not a huge amount of difference but in the room you can hear it. The amp is stock. No mods. The PlexiRanger is basically a Plexi amp in a pedal. It's really meant to be used in front of a clean amp. The Marshall is just adding some more dynamics of its own to the pedal. Its really that simple. I feel the sweet spot on the Marshall's gain is where you see I have it set.

There is a difference in tone when the treble boost is engaged. Probably just can't hear it. It's not a huge amount of difference but in the room you can hear it. The amp is stock. No mods. The PlexiRanger is basically a Plexi amp in a pedal. It's really meant to be used in front of a clean amp. The Marshall is just adding some more dynamics of its own to the pedal. Its really that simple. I feel the sweet spot on the Marshall's gain is where you see I have it set.
You've got a great sounding 2204... better than mine :cool:

You've got a great sounding 2204... better than mine :cool:
Thanks. I got lucky with this one. Again...the amp is stock except I had Dave Friedman go through it and replace the filter caps and put his effects loop in it. When I went to pick it up Dave told me it was a really good sounding JCM800.

Thanks. I got lucky with this one. Again...the amp is stock except I had Dave Friedman go through it and replace the filter caps and put his effects loop in it. When I went to pick it up Dave told me it was a really good sounding JCM800.
That and you are a monster player.. I'm sure a lot of that tone is in your hands.

Did you notice a difference when it came back from Dave? I wish I lived close to Dave.. I'd have my amp there too. We don't have any good amp techs here in Central Florida that I know of.

That and you are a monster player.. I'm sure a lot of that tone is in your hands.

Did you notice a difference when it came back from Dave? I wish I lived close to Dave.. I'd have my amp there too. We don't have any good amp techs here in Central Florida that I know of.
I didn't notice anything different in the amps tone when I got it back. And I'm grateful to have Dave work on my amps when needed. He's the best. Thanks again. I'm glad you like the clip.

Amazing tone and playing :yes:

I couldn't hear a difference either. Maybe if you had stomped on it half way through it would have been real apparent. Thanks for sharing.

Back