Please Read! Beware - Scam Alert!

Again, a little caution, a little common sense go a long way. Regular PayPal is nice. 3% is nothing compared to peace of mind. A heads up from fellow forumites when they have a situation go bad is nice. The reality is a new member can be solid as a rock and just needs to show it but I think we've all seen the opposite too where somebody's life has taken a turn for the worse and even though they had always been golden things start to go bad. For those of us who don't live in major metro areas, places like this are the only way we can learn about, experience and try the less common gear. I've been lucky through the years and not had many deals go bad but I also try my best to hold up my end as well. Good karma and all...

LOL.
Nancy naked would be a helluva lot better than that lame ass Super bowl half time show.
Lord take me now..

LOL

I had given the guy my email before I realized it was a scam. He sent a single pic of the lower half of a guitar that was probably found in the internet.
Here is our email conversation-

anthonymarc5678; It cost 700$ plus shipment let me know if you in

Me;Sure thing. I can make payment as soon as it arrives.

anthonymarc5678; No I can only accept you paying half payment then when you receive it you pay the balance that all I can do let me know if you ready

Me; How about this; you ship half the guitar and once I receive it I pay you a deposit. Then I pay in full when I receive the other half of the guitar.

anthonymarc5678; No I don’t do my business like that you pay half then when you get you goods you balance up you can pay through Venmo or zelle or PayPal let me know if you interested
OMFG that is hilarious :LOL:

I have my eye on 3 accounts that share the IP.

Baiting one of them to divulge more of "his" gear. Prefer not to name names 'cause might attract attention.

Initial suspicion is that they're all bots. You can wait with me for a reply at the link below. Gonna press "him" if he doesn't respond soon:

My Test

If I see a user who tends to comment positively on just about every amp mentioned, I check him / her / it out and engage in conversation. Always exposes bots so far...

At any rate, I wouldn't blindly trust the user you mentioned, at least not 'til my little experiment yields conclusive results.

Whats ur username?
Email went dead

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220304-210412_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220304-210412_Gmail.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 84
misteregent starts a conversation with OP stating he has the item for sell. He sends pics. He then states that he only accepts check or money order as payment. I suggested UPS C.O.D. He said that did not work for him. I found the pics he sent me of the item I want online. He was trolling only WTB threads today. Mods give us his info and then shut him down.

I had the same suspicion. He replied to my WTB ad and insisted on PPFF as payment, even though I told him I'd pay the PP fees...

Last edited:
Back