anybody see this group?

Yeah, he does look like RJ from a distance.

Love Rick James. Been buying his stuff since the late '70s.

Great documentary on him made last year if you can stream it:

Cool, I'll check it out! I recently learned that Rick James getting grabbed by US military police in Toronto after he deserted from Navy during Viet Nam set off a six degrees of separation chain of events that shaped all classic rock. So it's a true statement that R.J. ended up being one of Neil Young's biggest "influences" by breaking up their short-lived band and sending him packing to California. Hope they cover that in the documentary.

My anal retentive bro Nik will move this somewhere....

came across it on youtube and for some reason the weirdness appeals to me....and the bassist...

It is weird but I dig that bassist ha. I am not sure what the guitar player is doing exactly other than noodling the pentatonic scale. Not much of a melody in there for me to get a hold of. Bassist has some nice hips.

I think the melodies are long pentatonic runs with delay and trills.....but I can watch her play in the pocket all day long....she's relly puttin that work in here-

They do bro'.

It's a seriously-awesome doco man.
@Monkey Man - finally watched that Showtime Rick James doc- it was fantastic, and a tragic story- one of the most fair/evenhanded docs I've ever seen. Impressive how brutally honest people that knew him closely (family, former bandmates) were about his addiction & shitty behavior at various points, while still recognizing the musical/producer genius.

Unrelated... I don't have enough posts to respond in the classified section about account hacks, but TGP posted a big warning that there was a mass hack of accounts on their site with fake ads posted from hacked accounts resulting in some lost funds - strongly recommend people here use unique strong passwords & turn on 2FA. I know TGP is not a popular place for many on RT, if the moderators know each other, some behind the scenes communication about security might be in order- link below:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/password-compromised-accounts.2342508/

@Monkey Man - finally watched that Showtime Rick James doc- it was fantastic, and a tragic story- one of the most fair/evenhanded docs I've ever seen. Impressive how brutally honest people that knew him closely (family, former bandmates) were about his addiction & shitty behavior at various points, while still recognizing the musical/producer genius.
Told you mate. :yes: So glad you appreciated it man. :rock:

On the account thing, thank you for the info about TGP's having had issues. It all comes down to password strength in the end.

EDIT:
I amended a password message to the title of the sticky on this in the Member Classifieds sub-forum and posted a note about password strength too for good measure.

Last edited:
I think the melodies are long pentatonic runs with delay and trills.....but I can watch her play in the pocket all day long....she's relly puttin that work in here-

2403a288a14f5c83fe77f38b3d633840.jpg

Back