AR-15 mag review

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
Elite tactical systems. Bought 10 of their self coupling 30 round mags. I really wanted to love this product, they thought of everything. Very high quality product. Just a couple issues. 1) over 50% of the time the mags will not seat. NO BUENO. 2) Every mag-failure to feed. NO BUENO. Every shot you are slamming the charging handle or re-seating the mag. STAY AWAY.

https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-AR15-Magazine-30-Round-with-Coupler-br-Smok-p/ar15-30c.htm

Are you loading 30 rounds? If so, that may be part of the issue. I never load more than 28 in a 30 round cap mag, regardless of brand. Fully stuffed mag tends to not seat well if the bolt is closed.

But I digress. I do have a couple ETS AR15 mags, but they're strictly range use only. Aside from that I only run PMAGS and regular metal STANAGs.

Are you loading 30 rounds? If so, that may be part of the issue. I never load more than 28 in a 30 round cap mag, regardless of brand. Fully stuffed mag tends to not seat well if the bolt is closed.

But I digress. I do have a couple ETS AR15 mags, but they're strictly range use only. Aside from that I only run PMAGS and regular metal STANAGs.
usually 28 or 29. They wont even seat on an open bolt. I have had that issue with gen 3 pmags occasionally. gen 2 pmags are flawless. troy battlemags run great...no issues. stanags are fine....personal faves are the okay brand steel mags....never dissappoint. I have 4 ar's on my wall next to my bed in condition 3...24/7....all my mags are loaded also....cause fuck it....that's why....:ROFLMAO:

That's crazy. Most dudes bag on the gen 2 Pmags and will say the gen 3 are superior. I haven't had a single issue with either gen, windowed or not. Lowers I have are PSA, Aero, and Ruger. Only issues I've had with any of my 3 AR builds (so far - knock on wood) is simple gas/buffer tuning. Combined 6k rounds in the last 2 years.

also installed wolf extra power hammer springs in all mine except the ruger....comblock ammo has notoriously hard primers and I had a few FTFIRE'S BECAUSE OF LIGHT PRIMER STRIKES....

Ah shit….I just bought 4 of those. I liked the idea of the self coupler. Also picked up a ATI Schmeisser S60…..hopefully that will be fun and functional.

Ah shit….I just bought 4 of those. I liked the idea of the self coupler. Also picked up a ATI Schmeisser S60…..hopefully that will be fun and functional.
dude...they are awesome in every way....except for what they are supposed to do. I took sandpaper to the lips on one and made it fit. problem was it still would not cycle effectively. none of them will.

I’m gonna take out the EMS mags next week and give them a whirl on my Aero lower/Adams arms piston rifle. I’ll report back.

Gen 2 30 rd. P mags fully loaded run just fine in everything. Tens of thousands of rounds worth and never a mag issue in any AR.

Back