Vintage output bridge humbucker for a superstrat

How about the Duncan Slash pickup? I've got one in a Les Paul and it sounds fantastic, I imagine it would be a perfect fit for a super strat.

Reactions: PDC
Friedman Classic
Duncan Pearly Gates
Duncan PATB-3 Blues Saraceno (Killer pickup)

Manlius Hot Rod 59. I went through so many pu's throughout the years. Couldn't believe the difference when I tried the Hot Rod 59.

Pearly Gates. Thank me later.
dude for sure... one of those came stock in my Fender fat stat texas special.... i've long considered replacing it because there are "better options" for what i play (i.e 12-14k A5 pups), but it just sounds killer all the time through everything, so i've just kept it. just because its the zz top guys pup, doesn't mean it can't shred :)

dude for sure... one of those came stock in my Fender fat stat texas special.... i've long considered replacing it because there are "better options" for what i play (i.e 12-14k A5 pups), but it just sounds killer all the time through everything, so i've just kept it. just because its the zz top guys pup, doesn't mean it can't shred :)
I think they're under 8.5k, but they have a gritty nastiness to them for leads. Aggressive A2 PAF is how I'd describe it. Loved it in the ESP I had, and am close to putting one in my SG Standard.

They used to come stock in the Fender Lonestars with a couple Texas Specials if I'm not mistaken.

Make no mistake, they'll do hard rock to metal.

Ty for all the suggestions. I'm also considering Gibson's Burstbucker Pro. Any opinions on that?

Ty for all the suggestions. I'm also considering Gibson's Burstbucker Pro. Any opinions on that?

They're quite vintage-y. A little scooped. Pretty good pickup. I don't think they're quite on the level of some of the other pickups mentioned, though. It's what came stock in my silverburst standard, and it sounded quite good, but not anywhere near as good as the Wagners I mentioned, or especially the ToneNerd Roxy that's in there now.

They're quite vintage-y. A little scooped. Pretty good pickup. I don't think they're quite on the level of some of the other pickups mentioned, though. It's what came stock in my silverburst standard, and it sounded quite good, but not anywhere near as good as the Wagners I mentioned, or especially the ToneNerd Roxy that's in there now.
Scooped? I always heard them sounding really middy. Is the Roxy pickup more akin to JB and other hot rodded pafs?

Scooped? I always heard them sounding really middy. Is the Roxy pickup more akin to JB and other hot rodded pafs?

In my opinion it's not very middy at all, compared to what I normally use or mess around with.

You'd have to ask @scottosan about the Roxy.

It's pretty high output (17.6k) and asymmetrically wound if I remember right.

It's quite similar in output to the higher range of what alot of people are recommending, though. Same with Scotts (14.4k) sunset strip I have, which is ultra open and mid focused.

I recommended the Wagners (which are both between 7-9k) because you said vintage voiced, but if what you really mean is hotter vintage voiced, then Scotts stuff would be a home run.

Bare Knuckle Mules. Fantastic pickup!
BK availability in USA has gotten a lot better in past few years, both new & used. I have a Riff Raff neck & Abraxas bridge in my LP, love them, would have probably went with Mules if I could have found a set available domestically without having to pay for import.

Back