Langner Hyper mod

Exo-metal

Anyone know the details on this mod? I have a DCP-1 elite preamp but I don't think it has the hyper mod. Here's a gut shot basically showing the two pots on the back, if Irecall the modded ones had three. I could be wrong.
20220104_192342.jpg

That clone sounds quite agressive!
@T Wilcox I saw in the video that the hyper mod was present. Cool!
Would it be possible to share your traced schematic (again?)?
Thanks man, no problem. Here you go!
Disregard the inline resistor. The mod consists of a .022uF and 1Meg pot parallel to R33. When engaged it adds a sizzle that has a "hyper" feel.
R33 is the top resistor on the 4th gain stage voltage divider

Attachments

• hyper mod.PNG
    hyper mod.PNG
    39.7 KB · Views: 247
Thanks man, no problem. Here you go!
Disregard the inline resistor. The mod consists of a .022uF and 1Meg pot parallel to R33. When engaged it adds a sizzle that has a "hyper" feel.
R33 is the top resistor on the 4th gain stage voltage divider
Cool man, thanks!!
I see what this circuit does, makes perfectly sense.

Last edited:
Does anybody have a schematic that shows the elite mod? The schematic I have says it is an elite, but it doesn't show what gain stage to bypass.

Does anybody have a schematic that shows the elite mod? The schematic I have says it is an elite, but it doesn't show what gain stage to bypass.
Distortion channel: bypass 2nd gain stage
Clean channel: bypass the cathode follower (tone stack driver) + tone stack of the distortion channel as the clean channel has it’s own TS.

D-max is correct that
Distortion channel: 2nd gain stage is bypassed with B1M pot in line with the bypass relay ( for gain control)reducing it to 4 gain stages not including cathode follower
Clean channel: adds a 4.7uF cathode cap (fat cap)in parallel to the 2nd stage 470nF cathode cap and adds another master (elite Clean) in parallel to the Limit pot for separate volume control
I am not aware of it bypassing the cathode follower in either clean or distortion channel though

Gotcha, thats what I figured just clarifying
Yeah distortion has cathode follower tone stack driver and the clean has the standard Fender tone stack, then they both feed into the double cathode follower with feedback network
My shop has been taken over by motorcycle repairs over the last few months so this was a good refresher since I haven't done much with amp circuits lately

Back