Bogner Shiva 20th anniversary KT88

68degrees

B8EECD14-02FD-4DF7-93EB-31A21729A920.jpeg
Hey!
I’m new around here😬. I’m a young guitarist, and I’ve been looking at this Bogner shiva with KT88s. Does anyone around here have one? Like what sounds are they good at? Also, any known issues?

They are killer amps. VERY mean/meanacing low mid growl I've not heard in other amps. I used one for metal (thrash and DM'ish riffs). Gets tight when boosted, but a bit slow in the attack. Not ideal for the styles I mentioned, but that voicing makes up for the slower attack. Great for hard rock too. Classic rock, sure it'll do it, but the voicing is a bit too low mid oriented for my tastes...not voiced in the upper mids. Unique amp for sure.

They are killer amps. VERY mean/meanacing low mid growl I've not heard in other amps. I used one for metal (thrash and DM'ish riffs). Gets tight when boosted, but a bit slow in the attack. Not ideal for the styles I mentioned, but that voicing makes up for the slower attack. Great for hard rock too. Classic rock, sure it'll do it, but the voicing is a bit too low mid oriented for my tastes...not voiced in the upper mids. Unique amp for sure.
Thanks for the response!!! How are the super clean tones? How about pedals??? Thank you much!

I'm not a clean guy sorry. I do remember playing with the cleans a little and realizing why so many guys rave about them though.

View attachment 94725Hey!
I’m new around here😬. I’m a young guitarist, and I’ve been looking at this Bogner shiva with KT88s. Does anyone around here have one? Like what sounds are they good at? Also, any known issues?
I have one, like it but it is a hard rock amp, not sure i'd say it can do metal. I have a tendency to like saturated amps and while this has it, its just not as much as i probably prefer. Great amp overall, simply comes down to what you are looking for. I am on fence about selling and getting uberschall instead.

I have one, like it but it is a hard rock amp, not sure i'd say it can do metal. I have a tendency to like saturated amps and while this has it, its just not as much as i probably prefer. Great amp overall, simply comes down to what you are looking for. I am on fence about selling and getting uberschall instead.
I'll trade ya😀
quad.JPG

Thanks for the response!!! How are the super clean tones? How about pedals??? Thank you much!
Been one of my "lifer" amps; the stock 20thA KT88 Sheevs - incredible tone, and as for the cleans? Massive headroom gives them a ridiculous percussive round fullness, super rich, no break up if ya don't want it - but that little bit of hair is magnificent :love:

The grind in the heavier saturated/gainy settings is incredible. Love these amps.
/end

Get it! KT88 Shiva has been my main gigging amp for years. Don’t need any pedals, just sweet cleans, mean crunch, and the Bogner solo boost in the amp your all set. The reverb is amazing thought, best amp reverbs I’ve ever heard.

I am thinking of buying a reverb model and doing the mod to disconnect the verb and use the reverb button to switch the mode. Can you do that with the reverb model?

I found I needed a boost or OD for aggressive heavy music. But still love it.

Back