Got a message from a Russian vendor

SpiderWars

I had this dragon sculpture (as he called it) made for my homebrew Super Lead. I got it on Etsy from a person in Russia. I was very pleased with how it came out (it was orig very shiny but I asked him to age/patina it and he said no problem).

IMG_20220130_132701.jpg

I just got an Etsy message from this vendor saying that Etsy and Paypal have deleted the accounts of all Russians. He asked me to open a refund case (and escalate it). He then says; "You can return your money and I will be very grateful if you place a new order. Now this can be done thru Busti platform (analogous to Patreon)."

I'm guessing that he wants Etsy to have to pay the refund? And then get some more business thru the Busti thing?

Not sure why I'm posting this, I guess because it was somewhat tied to gear. MM can move it if it's improperly placed. I kind of felt bad for all the 'normal' people that had to live in that cold ass shithole...and that was before the wacko decided to bankrupt the whole place.

I had a thermal detonator(star wars prop)on order through ETSY from Russia.
The builder contacted me and said he was screwed and to get my money back from Paypal.
PayPal refunded me (169$) right away.
Feel really sorry for the prop builder. He had a bunch of cool stuff and great feedback over years of effort.
But damn it....I wanted that prop.

Before all this shit went down, I was thinking about ordering a watch from Russia. Kinda glad I didn't.

Not sure why I'm posting this, I guess because it was somewhat tied to gear. MM can move it if it's improperly placed. I kind of felt bad for all the 'normal' people that had to live in that cold ass shithole...and that was before the wacko decided to bankrupt the whole place.
Not to get too political but that's why Putin has to go and ultimately it will have to be his people that do it. Sad because they don't see the carnage that is happening unless they are using VPN's to get outside news. Further this has been coming for 20 years, past administrations both here and in the EU just let the guy do what he wanted until he posed a real threat. No going back now, US and the EU cannot deal with him ever again.

I had a thermal detonator(star wars prop)on order through ETSY from Russia.
The builder contacted me and said he was screwed and to get my money back from Paypal.
PayPal refunded me (169$) right away.
Feel really sorry for the prop builder. He had a bunch of cool stuff and great feedback over years of effort.
But damn it....I wanted that prop.
Who were you gonna blow up?

I know one Russian amp builder plus Myaniskinov(sp?) and it sucks they are getting shit on. Putin has poisoned anyone that challenges him and these days no longer even bothers with the charade of being a respectable leader of a country. Lately with all the nuclear threats he is eventually going to push his people too far or NATO or the U.S. will say fuck it and preemptively strike.

It's scary but you basically can't corner someone to where they have nothing to lose. Look at Ukraine with very little help from the rest of the world repelling Russia. I have been a bit apprehensive on the reports from the media but I have a friend who is in the Ukraine for the past few weeks helping out and he has confirmed a lot of what we are hearing on the news. To me it was batshit crazy just to pack up and head to a war zone with no military training but oh well...

I'm hoping this shit resolves soon for the Ukrainians and the Russian citizens. The fat cats on both sides will be just fine it's the average citizens that suffer.

I ordered a Skervesen 4AP a year ago last April. It was finished and shipped out to me, arrived a few days ago. Did not know how things were in Poland with it flooded with refugees and all, but it got out via FedEx and arrived no problems. NGD coming soon.

Not to get too political but that's why Putin has to go and ultimately it will have to be his people that do it. Sad because they don't see the carnage that is happening unless they are using VPN's to get outside news.

I have some friends in Russia and they definitely know (and hate) what's going on. It's a super sad situation

I know one Russian amp builder plus Myaniskinov(sp?) and it sucks they are getting shit on. Putin has poisoned anyone that challenges him and these days no longer even bothers with the charade of being a respectable leader of a country. Lately with all the nuclear threats he is eventually going to push his people too far or NATO or the U.S. will say fuck it and preemptively strike.

It's scary but you basically can't corner someone to where they have nothing to lose. Look at Ukraine with very little help from the rest of the world repelling Russia. I have been a bit apprehensive on the reports from the media but I have a friend who is in the Ukraine for the past few weeks helping out and he has confirmed a lot of what we are hearing on the news. To me it was batshit crazy just to pack up and head to a war zone with no military training but oh well...

I'm hoping this shit resolves soon for the Ukrainians and the Russian citizens. The fat cats on both sides will be just fine it's the average citizens that suffer.
Things will never change unless the entire leadership ends in Russia. The sanction will remain on them as long as they don’t change out the top. Russia has been isolated from everyone else.

not my border, not my problem. the model of sell them weapons to defend themselves is working great so far. till some radical chechans get ahold of some stingers from some corrupt ukranians and start dropping 747's.....

agreed.

I have some friends in Russia and they definitely know (and hate) what's going on. It's a super sad situation
I am sure there are people that are not happy but Putin is doing what he has to for the Russian people. It was either make Ukraine neutral or let it fall to the corrupt arm of NATO building a military on his doorstep. Not to mention letting a bio-warfare campaign right next door. I am not insinuating that Putin is a wonderful guy but I understand the situation not just what the media is telling us.

Things will never change unless the entire leadership ends in Russia. The sanction will remain on them as long as they don’t change out the top. Russia has been isolated from everyone else.
Russia is making record gas sales, i wouldn't say that is being isolated.

I just assumed this was the case. People are people; be they Russian, 'Merican, Iranian, or whatever. We all have the same basic wants and needs and don't want to harm others to get them.

I keep hearing of a cyber-attack but I guess I thought all that cyber-crime that was coming from Russia was crooks living in Russia (because they would not get caught there)...not the Russian government. As illustrated by their horrible planning for this invasion, I don't think of the Russian government as being very good at anything. I don't think they even have the capability for a well-planned and well-executed cyber attack.

And maybe the cyber-criminals are laying low because they figure any cyber crime will be blamed on the Russians and there could be retaliation. Or maybe they just got the fuck out when they could. It just seems weird that this cyber attack hasn't happened considering how horribly bad the invasion has gone.

Back