Friedman BE100 Deluxe at low volume (camera audio)

RoccoPezzin

A couple of people on the Friedman Facebook group were asking whether or not you need an attenuator to be able to enjoy the BE100DLX at low volumes, so I've recorded this quick clip with the system volume at 0.5.
I don't know how Dave does this, but the master/system volume on this amp is unbelievable, it actually seems louder in the clip than it was in the room (you can hear the strings acoustically when I'm playing even when switching to the Tascam, which was positioned at about 12 inches from the cab), the amp was pretty much at bedroom/TV volume, zero loss in feel or sound!

Sounds incredible man

I have a feeling I'd fucking love a Friedman; I'm just too poor for one :LOL:
It’s one of those amps that I’d have to play before I buy. Too many people I respect tonally and playing wise either love it or sell it very fast. There’s no in-between.

I’d want to run a BE-Deluxe next to my metroplex and see what differences exist. They are kinda in the same boat minus the added features of the BE.

Let me ask, how much Marshall high end cut are you getting with your JMP or Plexi on 0.5? Hell, how's your tone with the dial on anything lower than 4? You really need to crank them bitches to get something remotely usable IME. While I do agree that Marshall's have more of a biting sound, Friedmans cut through just fine. In my view, the Friedman's just serve a much greater purpose. Not saying NM Marshall's aren't great, because they are, they're just not nearly as practical and when (for me) there isn't any tone loss, the Friedman shines.

Very good work OP!
Tube amps at low volume are blashemy !! I have low wattage amps for alledged lower volume and they sound like crap until they are cranked . This clip sounds good to show usable practice levels at your house with this amp.

It’s one of those amps that I’d have to play before I buy. Too many people I respect tonally and playing wise either love it or sell it very fast. There’s no in-between.

I’d want to run a BE-Deluxe next to my metroplex and see what differences exist. They are kinda in the same boat minus the added features of the BE.
Not even close. had both. The Deluxe 50 and the 100..both went within a day of buying brand new
Your George build will eat those amps lunch and fuck there mother in the ASS

Me too 😉 Here’s the BE50 with my band

Man mad respect - give my major respects to your singer, the dudes got pipes and is on key perfectly. Your playing is great too! Good pocket rhythm!

Your BE50 sounds way more chunky turned up live than others I’ve heard. I do feel my metroplex has more gain on tap in MOD mode.

We need an ampfest to run these beasts together :rock:

Not even close. had both. The Deluxe 50 and the 100..both went within a day of buying brand new
Your George build will eat those amps lunch and fuck there mother in the ASS
Well not to mention this is number #1 which saw time directly next to his original 68 and prototype. It’s been updated with all of the latest features before they were discontinued. If you ever want to hear what it sounds like, it’s the amp that George did his metroplex features YouTube video on which I thought was cool :rock:

Man mad respect - give my major respects to your singer, the dudes got pipes and is on key perfectly. Your playing is great too! Good pocket rhythm!

Your BE50 sounds way more chunky turned up live than others I’ve heard. I do feel my metroplex has more gain on tap in MOD mode.

We need an ampfest to run these beasts together :rock:
Thanks. TBO I purposely don’t play with tons of gain. The rhythm is the BE channel probably around 6-7 on the gain. The Solo is HBE with the same gain.

Last edited:
Back