Damn Job Hosed Me

alund

So last night my Fryette PS100 has arrived and I’m “syked” that I get to play last night after a long day. Btw zzounds got it to me in 30 hours; that’s fast…. I set up with with my SLO100 and start figuring it out, fortunately not hard, especially when I realize there is a ground lift. THEN comes the ER call! Fuck! I had to go fix an aorta on someone at 8pm… dammit. Hosed for the evening. Anyway, I’m piddling around today with my rig and I have a 60 Hz hum coming from my EVHiii 50 watt which I use in the rig. And it’s bourbon Friday and I’m thirsty. So screw it; I’m going to have some bourbon and forget the noise for a while. Tomorrow I’ll sort it out. Cheers.

Yeah, I had to shit real bad when I was 30 minutes into plugging in a Wampler EQuator. After the Fortin Hexdrive, I was into some pretty important sonic territory. Aorta?A turtle touching cotton is pretty serious. Try squishing your cheeks while hitting that sweet spot, and the SG is feeling extra buttery.

Last edited:
Right before you left, did you say "Aorta be right back" to anybody?

And did that person decide not to be your friend anymore because the joke was so awful?

Right before you left, did you say "Aorta be right back" to anybody?

And did that person decide not to be your friend anymore because the joke was so awful?
Ha! No. Sadly I live in a small town so I know everyone and everyone knows me. So I have to act normal

There was a girl named Suzi Brown
Wore the tightest pants in town
Couldn’t get em up could get em down
Aorta tore em

......Anyway, I’m piddling around today with my rig and I have a 60 Hz hum coming from my EVHiii 50 watt which I use in the rig.
I was reading somewhere that if you have pedals between the guitar and amp (boost pedal?), and effects running through the loop, with everything pulling power from the same source......there would be a "hum" / "squeal" that the ground lift could not address. They recommended a buffer or hum eliminator (like the $20 Pyle PHE-300), between the pedals and amp's front input. I don't know if that is what you might be experiencing, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Best get further away when cranking that amp, using high gain, and the PS. I had to nearly leave the room when I had my last PS-2. I did everything right, powering everything separately, high quality power sources, chords, you name it. That cranked high gainer is gonna make the noise of a cranked high gainer, even attenuated. Even as high quality as the Fryettes are, they don't always get along with every amp. I came to the conclusion that attenuators aren't always all that.

I was reading somewhere that if you have pedals between the guitar and amp (boost pedal?), and effects running through the loop, with everything pulling power from the same source......there would be a "hum" / "squeal" that the ground lift could not address. They recommended a buffer or hum eliminator (like the $20 Pyle PHE-300), between the pedals and amp's front input. I don't know if that is what you might be experiencing, but thought it was worth mentioning.
That'll definitely do it too. 60cycle hum for sure.

GroundLoopFlowChart_PS2_Detail.pdf
Fryette has already addressed this issue.

Back