Well --- I played my JCM 800 . Enough said LOL !

Panhead5

I 've had a JCM800 forever but rarely played it for some reason as I have a few other Marshall incarnations that preoccupy me . As I started reading threads on the forum and some of the classifieds I decided to fire that baby up yesterday for some 6 knob glory with an Archer I had laying around. After about 15 seconds I decided I wasn't sure why I needed anything else .

That is all !

I've got a Ceriatone 2203 with a few tweaks by V2.

Anytime I think I need a second amp I play with my settings and put the idea out of my mind.

Feast your eyes on the brothers Mr. Techdeth !!! Top one unmolested 100 watter .I think it's a 79 . Bottom Unmolested 50 watter .

Attachments

• DSC05600.JPG
    DSC05600.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 40
Feast your eyes on the brothers Mr. Techdeth !!! Top one unmolested 100 watter .I think it's a 79 . Bottom Unmolested 50 watter .
I love it . I’m definitely on the look out for a beauty. I love jmp look so much . Killer amps man! You selling? Lol

Not selling -- I kinda took these amps for granted on my quest for tone and it was right in front of me !!!
If I had to just pick 1 amp to do it all, I would pick a 2203. And oddly I don't even have one right now. I have other marshall-style amps, but...I would love to get a minty un-modded 2203. It just is the sound for me. Maybe that will be the next hunt.

You know Racer -- I'm an old dude and never could figure out how to use those 4 holers . I gave up- surrendered and then I decided to give it another shot after watching youtube videos of the little Marshall 20 watter . I bought one , jumpered it , got a Beano boost and a Fryette PS-100 and now understand the program 40 years later . Wish I had my 77 NMV back !!

If I had to just pick 1 amp to do it all, I would pick a 2203. And oddly I don't even have one right now. I have other marshall-style amps, but...I would love to get a minty un-modded 2203. It just is the sound for me. Maybe that will be the next hunt.
It’ definitely one of next ones for sure . Btw Hermansson still hasn’t come

You know Racer -- I'm an old dude and never could figure out how to use those 4 holers . I gave up- surrendered and then I decided to give it another shot after watching youtube videos of the little Marshall 20 watter . I bought one , jumpered it , got a Beano boost and a Fryette PS-100 and now understand the program 40 years later . Wish I had my 77 NMV back !!
For me the 4 holers are home but if I'm in a chuggy mood it's a 2203 with a boost or two. If only I could have every old Marshall I've ever sold back now. My first 'real' amp was a '72 50W that I proceeded to rip everyone's head off with using a 2x12 with Altecs! I didn't know how to use it and got rid of it...starting a lifelong trend.

For me, it started with a Lee Jackson 2204 from 1985. Modded Marshall after modded Marshall…then Jubilees + a boost, then 2203/4 boosted. All are killer. Every time I tried a NMV JMP they didn’t sound as good as a 2203 with a boost…but they all had a master mod. Years go by and I have a great 83 2203, healthy with GE 6550s. Decided I would search out a pre pcb NMV Marshall just to have. Stock no mods. Found a 1972 SuperTrem for 2200 shipped from England. Great condition. Got it, fired it up and got that crunch. Nice. But then I started experimenting with boosts and found 2 cheaper pedals that for whatever reason sounded incredible with it….and one spot on each volume that turns it into the best sound I’ve ever heard for hard rock/old school metal. Not even my old Wiz MC100, or any of my C+ I owned can touch it. Just a sonic steamroller.
Desert island amp for me.

My recipe for an 800 is MV up to 6 or 7, preamp dialed back down to 6 or less... it gains it up while tightening it up. The rest is all in the hands god gave you and maybe a gentle little push from a capable OD. People like to pin the preamp but it sounds like a mess when the MV goes up.

Back