ya you with the 4x12, ever get the baffle of shame??

have you ever been shamed??

• yes

• no

• my 4x12(s) dont leave the bedroom

Results are only viewable after voting.

RaceU4her

WBL3X1u_d.jpg

My drummer stopped playing (sound check) and walked off stage in protest the one and only time I brought a Mesa Coli to a gig. I had to turn the cab in order for him to play. 😂
But no, I never played a show where they threatened the ‘baffle’ lol

Im all for loud but if the whole band is mic`ed and your amp is blaring ass loud in a club, the sound guy wont be able to put you in the mix 101

I actually own a couple! They work amazing in small spaces once you re-EQ. That said, the bars & theaters we play at here specifically told me to leave them at home.

I've also learned that as I turn the amp up, FOH turns the mic down to where it's not even in the mix. As badly as I want to really crank it, in this scenario it just does a disservice to the room tone taking my guitar out of all the monitors & the PA. I CAN'T WAIT to play a big outside show where I can really light the Coliseums up. :D

First time ever getting asked to turn down was last October….hundreds and hundreds of gigs with anywhere from one to 5 4-12’s and never asked to turn down….showed up with my little 2-12 semi open back cab and yup….”you have to turn down!!”

I might just walk up and say; "Let's just get this out of the way...I'll be needing that baffle of fame tonight."

Truth be known, I got a LOT of compliments using a 1x10" Gibson GA15 and pedals in a shitty cover band. I ran sound from the stage so I was the douchebag soundman telling everyone to turn down. Turn that snare down! :ROFLMAO:

People hear with their eyes. LOL I used a 4 x12 with a 100 watt marshall for years in small bars and clubs. I used an attenuator so I could turn it down to bedroom volume if I wanted.

So even when I turned down to practical listening volume for the whole band and audience, I looked too loud and was asked to turn down to an unrealistic level that I completely ignored obviously.

I have no problem with the plexi shield. I've used them before to help deflect a little and let me get the amp to the sweet spot. That eventually led to attenuators, then I ended up going direct lol

Back