Favorite stoner metal riffs?

There's some good shit in here, kept my ear holes full of smokey goodness all day. I'm properly inspired now.

By the way, has anybody gotten good sounds out of a fuzz pedal with EMGs? Sounds like ass every time I try, I'm sure the pedals are meant to work with passive pickups.
One last thing, don't know what fuzzes you have in your arsenal but if one of them has a bias knob, try fiddling with that. Maybe cranking that sucker down a bit to compensate for those hot actives might get you closer to where you wanna go.

There's some good shit in here, kept my ear holes full of smokey goodness all day. I'm properly inspired now.

By the way, has anybody gotten good sounds out of a fuzz pedal with EMGs? Sounds like ass every time I try, I'm sure the pedals are meant to work with passive pickups.

BAT Pharaoh. I use it with an ESP Viper tuned to B with an 81/60 set. Sounds like fuzz of God.

That’s interesting, I was using a bat pharaoh too. Are you running it into the clean channel of your Herbert?

Either or. I’ll run that same scenario into ch2+ boosted, change some settings and it’s instant doom tone.

That pedal is doom god in a box if you know what you’re doing or can figure out some settings. I can do same with my Caparison in drop C and same amp/pedal combo.

I have a bunch of fuzz pedals and that’s my favorite for copping Crowbar/Acid Bath tones out of them all.

Only complaint about that pedal is that it’s fucking LOUD. It’s the only reason I have a gate on my board.

Been enjoying Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats and this kinda seriously hard-hitting 60s 70s acid raunch vibe lately. Just great to hear hard slop stoner goodness blasting the airwaves nowadays, least for me.

Anything played on this ,

Attachments

• 5C8BDAC1-8EEE-45B9-AA01-1199A8490D0C.jpeg
    5C8BDAC1-8EEE-45B9-AA01-1199A8490D0C.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 34
Fuck yes. Ya'll are speaking my language!
Hard to whittle it down to just a couple, but here goes:

High on Fire: Madness of an Architect (Everything about it, the intro buildup, main verse riff, outro.. all massive!)

Operator Generator: Polar Fleet (Some excellent grooves on this one, remind me of Kyuss at times)

Acid King: Drive Fast Take Chances (Soo fuzzy, soo good, like a plodding behemoth)

Potion: Hallucination Rites (Little bit Electric Wizard, little bit Eyehategod in their slower moments, just filthy!)

Operator Generator's Polar Fleet is criminally under the radar

It's that time of the year again! Time to hit a bong, plug in your fuzz pedals and groove the fuck out on some thick, sludgy stoner metal.

What should I be listening to now to get inspired for jamming tonight?

I'll start with some of my favorites.
Thanks for posting, never heard of Windhand before.
That album Soma is killer, sounds like a tidal wave of sound coming for you.

i didn't read the whole thread, so i hope i'm not the first person to mention the ultimate stoner riff/track The Straightener/Wheels of Confusion from Black Sabbath vol 4. So stonery... too perfect. everytime that tree starts to hit me hard, i think that riff... BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW, DEEEN DEEEN BEWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW!!!1

Been enjoying Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats and this kinda seriously hard-hitting 60s 70s acid raunch vibe lately. Just great to hear hard slop stoner goodness blasting the airwaves nowadays, least for me.
people have been telling me about them since high school, and i'm still late to the party. (i'm 39 now...) i gotta check them out. when young cats tell me about bands, i've gotten into the bad habbit, of waiting for those bands to put out 3-4 albums, come into their own style, etc before i'm willing to give them a chance. too many flash in the pan artists out there to care about any artist.

Back