BluGuitar Amp1 Mercury Edition

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

Hey all,

Recently tried out the BluGuitar Amp1 Iridium Edition. A great amp for high gain rock and metal but also with great clean and crunch tones. Really sounds pretty much like a full-blown big tube amp if you ask me. I was also curious about the Mercury edition since it's more classic or vintage voiced. The powersection has a different response than the Iridium but the overall amp voicing is generally very different. Even the modern channel sounds quite different than the high gain sounds on the Iridium.

I think the Mercury edition definitely also is a great amp, definitely geared towards the more classic, mid-gain and vintage player. That's not to say it can't do rock because the modern mode can do high-gain. The voicing is just a bit more saggy and not as tight/chunky as on the Iridium. I made a little demo/review with a bunch of different guitars using all the modes etc.:

Hey- great vid. So I have one of these, and it's a great little amp.

Personally I don't look at it or use it as a floor amp. I leave it on a cabinet and switch channels from my pedalboard. So just look at it as a tiny, more portable head. It's not kicking my main amp to the curb, but it's much more convenient for rehearsals, as a backup amp at gigs, etc.

I watch all of your videos John. Such a great YouTube channel…plus you like LTD’s.
B48700F4-43F7-44AE-8585-B0DAC2D6B68F.jpeg

Cool little amps. The iridium is more my speed. Good review as usual.

So I’m curious. It’s 100 watts. I know they are loud As several reviews have said. But is it 100 tube amp watts loud. Lik does it move air out of th cabinet or Kemper loud

I heard and saw one of these out in the wild for the first time last night.....local hot shot kid and his band doing a Wednesday night thing at a new club in town. When I got there they were mid set, guitars sounded killer. Looked at stage and noticed complete lack of anything looking like an amp and thought hmm maybe an AxeFx?? I approached the stage and saw his pedalboard with the Mercury on it and a few pedals beside. I confirmed that was all he was using. He had a little 1x12 for back fill but otherwise was going direct to FOH. I would've never doubted it had I been told his actual tube rig was off to the side of the stage, it sounded that good. I've been curious about these for awhile, this convinced me its viable and would be a really smart device to have as a backup rig instead of hauling two heads to every show.

Interesting observation....the kid I'm talking about is really only 18 yrs old, easily one of the best young guitar players at that age I've run across. He's kind of come of age in the whole digital realm so this is a perfectly natural thing for him, he's not even interested in tube rigs, he told me as much. He said he cant wait for the Amp X Edition.... I guess my point is that he didn't need convincing as he doesn't know any different or better.

For sure considering getting one of these as my take to gig back up rig vs. bringing a 2nd head

Back