Guilty pleasure effects - whats yours?

Absolutely love the voodoo labs sparkle drive for a TS, even though I'm not really a TS guy.

Super cheap, clean blend, sounds way better than a bad monkey.

Also Mooers electric mistress copy - good God, why cant EHX start do something like that?

Destroyer mode in the mobius. Love a breakdown to just guitar, play the riff through am radio or bullhorn for a few measures then bypass the effect when the whole band kicks back in. Goes from this tiny transistor sound to full band. Cool effect.

For me it’s an old digitech Space Station. I could spend hours scoring movies with just that thing . It’s very weird but very cool

IMG_1799.JPG

Most of the time, when just practicing at home, I just plug straight into a SS Kustom amp w/ an 8" speaker.

Last edited:
Boss Metal Zone, of course. although i don't currently own one. i've probably had a dozen of various stock, and modded persuasions.
Fun for playing obscure black and death metal stuff.

Empress compressor. Guilty because it evens out my lead dynamics when if I’m sucking that day on consistency.
The bass player's secret weapon. I use compression as a crutch on everything. On guitar, it makes chords come alive though. Bonus points if you use it to boost a little.

For me it would be a Pigtronix Echolution 2 Ultra Pro, does other worldly delays that ascend in octaves. For some of the dark ambient sections its off the charts cool and I haven't heard anything on the planet that will duplicate it. Its one of the few unique effects out there in an ocean of effects units. Dosent work on everything, but its totally badass paired with a Strymon Blue Sky
OH, and the Fulltone Deja Vibe, the full size one, I love that thing..

Last edited:
Another one for me is the Earthquaker Devices Transmisser. It's a long modulated reverb that does not do subtle. It's a one trick pony, but I love that trick. I have one on both my guitar and bass pedalboards.

This hideous totally awesome thing, the Snarling Dogs Super Bawl Whine-O Wah...

3CVAIHa.png

vumLkjS.jpg

HXiYJd1.png

It's an amazing wah, sounds fantastic, but just look at it.

Last edited:
I keep a multi-delay on low in the mix (10-20%) to give some sauce to my playing and add sustain. It’s an old George lynch trick. Chris impelliterri was a big live reverb fan but I can’t do live reverb because your guitar gets lost in the mix most of the time IMO.

I know Reb Beach does the same thing but stereo to give width to his tone and give some air for tapping fluidity.

I keep a multi-delay on low in the mix (10-20%) to give some sauce to my playing and add sustain. It’s an old George lynch trick. Chris impelliterri was a big live reverb fan but I can’t do live reverb because your guitar gets lost in the mix most of the time IMO.

I know Reb Beach does the same thing but stereo to give width to his tone and give some air for tapping fluidity.

Weirdly, impelliteri sounds way more impressive when completely dry. Have you heard that album with graham from alcatrazz? That shit was insane.

Back