Would You Want to Know?

Would you want to be told before your set or no?

• Be informed before the show

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Be kept in the dark

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

BeZo

If you played in a tribute band, and an original member of the band whose music you are playing was planning on checking out your set, would you want to know before you played? Would it make you nervous to perform someone else's music while they were watching, or would you rather be kept in the dark?

Yeah but what if you notice them in the crowd mid-set instead?

I'd prob be fucked....I don't really have very many 'guitar heroes' but if one of them were to show out to listen to me hack my way thru one of their tunes I'd probably feel pretty bad afterwards lol

What’s really cool is playing with the bands that influenced you, my band got to play with Suffocation years ago who were my favorite and it was a total trip watching them watch us during our soundcheck.

dont really care either way honestly, if i had to choose id know beforehand.

i'm one of those "obsessed with preparation" types, at least with gigs, so i dont really get nervous in that way

the only reason you would have to be nervous is if you KNOW you arent prepared.

All guitarists, even malmsteen, vai, whatever, fudge notes or bends here and there. if youre worried about that, you havent played very many shows lol

If you played in a tribute band, and an original member of the band whose music you are playing was planning on checking out your set, would you want to know before you played? Would it make you nervous to perform someone else's music while they were watching, or would you rather be kept in the dark?
I'd want to know, so I could invite them to sit in

My guitarist started an Acid Bath tribute band called Like Murder. They played last night. A friend of ours knows Mike Sanchez, the original guitarist, and facetimed him during their first song. I knew it was going to happen. I did not tell them.

Did a gig years ago and we were covering some Queensryche and decided to leave it out. We knew we wouldn’t do the vocals justice.…lol

1651415712325.jpeg

I don't think it would bother me one way or another. I have been on the stage enough that I don't get nervous anymore. I just try to be me and play the material the best way I know how. Either way, I would love to meet them after the gig!

Back