ZW Killing It

Zakk still brings it ! Always been a fan, although I do miss the Ozzy /Pride and Glory material from his earlier days more but he still has it!

That was Killer !!!

I think it would be really hard to continue the ‘freshness’ quotient of your playing over the entire trajectory of your career if you were blessed to be really, really good AND get ‘discovered’ when you were really, really young. Sort of the Yngwie principle. Think of Yngwie’s playing on Steeler, Alcatrazz, and Rising Force. Those were the years that he had the physical part down ice cold and his ‘style’ was literally developing every time he set foot in the studio. I hear the same deal between No Rest, No More Tears, and Pride-n-Glory. That type of stylistic development and progression just doesn’t continue forever. (P.S. nobody ever took a shot at BB King, Buddy Guy, and Eric Clapton for playing I-IV-V blues their entire careers…)

Last edited:
I think it would be really hard to continue the ‘freshness’ quotient of your playing over the entire trajectory of your career if you were blessed to be really, really good AND get ‘discovered’ when you were really, really young. Sort of the Yngwie principle. Think of Yngwie’s playing on Steeler, Alcatrazz, and Rising Force. Those were the years that he had the physical part down ice cold and his ‘style’ was literally developing every time he set foot in the studio. I hear the same deal between No Rest, No More Tears, and Pride-n-Glory. That type of stylistic development and progression just doesn’t continue forever. (P.D. nobody ever took a shot at BB King, Buddy Guy, and Eric Clapton for playing I-IV-V blues their entire careers…)
Truth!

Reactions: PDC
I think it would be really hard to continue the ‘freshness’ quotient of your playing over the entire trajectory of your career if you were blessed to be really, really good AND get ‘discovered’ when you were really, really young. Sort of the Yngwie principle. Think of Yngwie’s playing on Steeler, Alcatrazz, and Rising Force. Those were the years that he had the physical part down ice cold and his ‘style’ was literally developing every time he set foot in the studio. I hear the same deal between No Rest, No More Tears, and Pride-n-Glory. That type of stylistic development and progression just doesn’t continue forever. (P.D. nobody ever took a shot at BB King, Buddy Guy, and Eric Clapton for playing I-IV-V blues their entire careers…)
Great point that many people seem to overlook in these discussions. Like how RR is way better than ZW etc. We never got a chance to get tired of RR's playing or see his long term career arc because he died so young. No one in their 50s plays like they did when they were in their early 20s just coming out on fire.....

Reactions: PDC
I really dig certain things about him. He is an awesome player and he was already killing it from the very early into his playing

I hate his singing voice more than anyone else's. When he's not walking into the audience doing his thing with the guitar behind his head endlessly wanking, his playing is very good.

If he would work out more stuff.. I like when he works out a melody. when he goes into the right hand 1/16 th notes it kinds sounds like that guy from living color lol

Back