The Scorpions Vegas!

alund

Did anyone else get a chance to see them last night? Skid Row opened; instead of Queensrÿche.. they look ok.. new singer sounds almost exactly like SB. Sabo’s sound is still right on like 30 years ago.
As for the scorpions; Jesus. Those guys don’t quit. Schenker looks great.. runs around the stage with that funny haircut and ripped arms as a 70 plus year old. I can only hope I get there
Jabbs looks great too. Always has that silly grin on his face.
Klaus is starting to show his age a bit..
Their ability to recreate the music so close to the album is fantastic.. reminds me of Rush. Very very tight. And have fun doing it. I think the combined body weight of jabbs, Rudolph and klaus is prolly 200lbs; wet. Stay skinny my friends !

Watched the the skid row on you tube, when everything kicks in on a song I wouldnt doubt there is a feed line of original vocals being mixed in slightly, hey its Vegas.

Watched the the skid row on you tube, when everything kicks in on a song I wouldnt doubt there is a feed line of original vocals being mixed in slightly, hey its Vegas.
Interesting thought. Yeah I guess. Small venue. I’d bet 3500. So less room for error to all eyes watching. It’s like I went back in time except everyone around me was 30 years older and 30 lbs bigger. The road ho’s were in full effect. They were pushing those spanks super tight. 😏.

Something interesting I noticed on Jabb’s right index finger.. the nail bed on his right index finger (picking hand) looked as if it had been mashed in an elevator door. The reason it struck me was about 2years ago after I started playing more I found that my same finger nail bed was abnormal and can only assume that when strumming/picking etc.. it over time injures, in a mechanical way, the nail bed where it hits the strings. It disappears when I don’t play for a few weeks and comes back when I play a lot. I guess his and my finger is part of my pick. Sadly I don’t sound like him.

Dave Friedman is always an option if shipping. Top notch in service right there. If his mods are for you is another story.

In Vegas next week with Scorp tickets on 4/14. Figured after I drop money on the strip I'll end the week on a high note. I seen them 4 years ago and they did not disappoint.

In Vegas next week with Scorp tickets on 4/14. Figured after I drop money on the strip I'll end the week on a high note. I seen them 4 years ago and they did not disappoint.
How long you in for? Wife and I arriving 4/16 staying in at the Cosmo.
Checked out tix for the night we arrive (their last), but a bit pricey and we've both seen them in their prime.
Maybe we'll get last minute tix. 😊

I was watching the Scorpions at their residency and I have to admit I think Klaus 's voice has seen better days . I'm not bagging on him in any way shape or form because he is 73 and has nothing to prove. Scorpions are one of my favorite bands but time and tide wait for no man . This isn't the first band or singer we've seen in this predicament.

Sad but it will happen to all of us . The next 5 years should be interesting for classic rock/metal bands.

I was watching the Scorpions at their residency and I have to admit I think Klaus 's voice has seen better days . I'm not bagging on him in any way shape or form because he is 73 and has nothing to prove. Scorpions are one of my favorite bands but time and tide wait for no man . This isn't the first band or singer we've seen in this predicament.

Sad but it will happen to all of us . The next 5 years should be interesting for classic rock/metal bands.
Sounds like you’re bagging on him.

Not really . It's really more like we've listened to alot of these bands and their recordings for the last 40 years and think that's what we're going to hear now . Really not much difference than an aging athlete.

1st 2 songs his voice was a bit off in pitch. After that he was pretty good. As mentioned above I seen him 4 years ago and he sounded better. At his age now he still has it IMO. They did not play Still Loving You which is my favorite.

1st 2 songs his voice was a bit off in pitch. After that he was pretty good. As mentioned above I seen him 4 years ago and he sounded better. At his age now he still has it IMO. They did not play Still Loving You which is my favorite.
Yeah. Exactly. Why not play that song?

Back