Deciding on my only Boutique Amp

Additional info ….. yeah I like to keep it simple with as few pedals as possible . Like Skid Row’s tone on Slave To The Grind , Alice In Chains Facelift tone etc . Bit of Danzig too .
Tried the Bogner Ecstasy 3534 yesterday which was impressive, covered a lot of ground with minimal fuss , Clean .. Crunch , insane gain with boosts all on one foot switch 👍
If this is the tone you want, Rivera M100 is what SR used….Cantrell used 2 amps on Facelift and the engineer confirmed on here 6-7 yrs ago that a modded blackface Bassman did the Rhythm parts, with an original Butler tube driver goosing it. Those and the 67-70 drip edge Bassmans can easily get that dark and evil tone. The Bog modded Marshall did the leads/cleans.
That said the Ecstacy can get that tone as well.
But in all honesty, esp since you live across the pond I’d search out a stock mid 70s or earlier Superlead. After all the great stock MV/modded Marshalls I’ve owned, plus early Rectos, C+, Wizards, SLOs(original), VHT D60/120, EVH etc etc. my 1972 SuperTrem is the end all amp for me. They are cheaper where you live as well. Just add 2 pedals and it’ll easily do 80s metal.

A lot of the amps being recommended aren’t built in the company’s own factory. Many of them are built by BAD (Boutique Amp Distribution)
I had emailed Bogner regarding a used Ecstasy 3534 near me with the serial number to check when built etc . Got a reply within a day from a “J” ,( I believe Rienholds business partner ) who assured me amp was built for U.K. market in Nov.2020 . He also confirmed all Bogner amps and Cabs are made at their facility with only their pedals being made by B.A.D. 👍

Hello ,
Long time viewer , very occasional poster. Looking for some opinions or suggestions. I’m retiring from Fire Service at the end of the month after 25 years and going to finally treat myself to a quality amp and annoy everybody lol .
I’m not one for loads of options or too many pedals , basically plug in and play kinda guy.
Style is everything from heavy aggressive blues ie Rory Gallagher up to The Smashing Pumpkins.
So far I’m liking Divided by 13 AMW 39 head or Bogner Ecstasy 3534 head .
It’s gotta be made in company’s own factory and built like a tank . Appreciate any feedback .

Thanks , J
Get a Friedman Small Box and thank me later.

Yeah. If i lived in europe, there wouldnt be a hesitation. Hermannson is the only way
Ya it’s been a pleasure. It sounds amazing. I’m still on the search for the cab for it . I’ve tried 5 . 2 are close . Need one that combines those 2 lol

Ya it’s been a pleasure. It sounds amazing. I’m still on the search for the cab for it . I’ve tried 5 . 2 are close . Need one that combines those 2 lol
Which have you tried and then what are the 2 “close” ones?

Which have you tried and then what are the 2 “close” ones?
Diezel FL with v30s is close but a tad dark still . The Uberkab has the highs I love but loses the punch of the Diezel.
3 cabs I didn’t think were as good were my Warhead 4x12. 6505 cab . And another warhead with green back s

Hello ,
Long time viewer , very occasional poster. Looking for some opinions or suggestions. I’m retiring from Fire Service at the end of the month after 25 years and going to finally treat myself to a quality amp and annoy everybody lol .
I’m not one for loads of options or too many pedals , basically plug in and play kinda guy.
Style is everything from heavy aggressive blues ie Rory Gallagher up to The Smashing Pumpkins.
It’s gotta be made in company’s own factory and built like a tank . Appreciate any feedback .

Thanks , J
That new Reverrand Corgan guitar is KILLER!
I played one and was very surprised how good it was.
Super versatile and P90 like.
The high-filter control is bad ass!

Do you have a certain amps clean/distortion tube in mind, 6L6, El-34.
DB13’s are very bold, rich & loud.
Made for the stage, no compromise,
and expensive.
Bogner..hmm, my experience with the last 3 Bogner’s was not good.
I had to send them back for weird tube/switch reliability issues, just quitting out, not good!
It made me question where the hell Bogner’s are being made.
Maybe a Friedman Smallbox?
The MGL 50 might be a good place to start.
(Marks Guitar Loft amplifier)
The Mezzabbarba Skill is also a simple on the level
amp.
Sorry homie, the boutique word description
is for blue hairs.

That new Reverrand Corgan guitar is KILLER!
I played one and was very surprised how good it was.
Super versatile and P90 like.
The high-filter control is bad ass!

Do you have a certain amps clean/distortion tube in mind, 6L6, El-34.
DB13’s are very bold, rich & loud.
Made for the stage, no compromise,
and expensive.
Bogner..hmm, my experience with the last 3 Bogner’s was not good.
I had to send them back for weird tube/switch reliability issues, just quitting out, not good!
It made me question where the hell Bogner’s are being made.
Maybe a Friedman Smallbox?
The MGL 50 might be a good place to start.
(Marks Guitar Loft amplifier)
The Mezzabbarba Skill is also a simple on the level
amp.
Sorry homie, the boutique word description
is for blue hairs.
Yeah … his signature guitar looks very slick .
Sorry to hear about your Bogner experiences.
I will check out MGL … thanks for the heads up 👍

Hello ,

Thanks , J

Congrats! Who did you work for? I’m sure you can guess by my name what I do for a living as well ;)

Congrats! Who did you work for? I’m sure you can guess by my name what I do for a living as well ;)
Hi , I can guess … hope your well …. It’s a tough but rewarding gig you’ve got yourself there I bet ?
I worked for Scottish Fire snd Rescue Services . Based in Glasgow’s Castlemilk station 👍

You can guess by my name what i do. I drink and play guitar. There will be no flowery goddamned amps allowed. We need pissed off high gain tube driven insanity. I liked my bogner twin. Then it blew up. Tooknit out of the headshell. Goddamned fuses on pcbs...i will be honest. I cant get excited about that kind of build, lol.

Managed to try out the Bogner 3534 for a good while in my local store , loved it even more ….. had fun on every channel … clean especially surprising.
Before I pull trigger a Splawn Nitro 100 with EL34’s has popped up for sale locally. Anyone got experience with the Splawn ?

Cheers J

Back