Guitar Room Ideas

Your floor looks very similar to mine in my basement. Acid etched concrete?

vlp4ZNS.jpg

11- 4x12 cabs,4 rockman cabs,12 amp heads,2- 20 space bradshaw racks,keyboards, drum kit,vocal mics,recording work desk,and lots of guitars- plus enough comfortable room for 7 band members -all neatly in a 30'x30 basement room.Heres how I made it all work.If you're on a tight budget like most of us there days,just start with essentials, remnant carpet on floor,I found 10- 4x4 acoustic tiles used,up on the wall they go,I ran many separate ac lines,plenty of ac taps.hung Trac lighting..did all this for cheap- it'll work until I insulate,do a drop ceiling,and studded walls etc..as funds permit,upgrade.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200708-170444_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200708-170444_Chrome.jpg
    662.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20190930_233640.jpg
    20190930_233640.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 68
  • 20190804_234944.jpg
    20190804_234944.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 75
  • 20220324_181921.jpg
    20220324_181921.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 71
11- 4x12 cabs,4 rockman cabs,12 amp heads,2- 20 space bradshaw racks,keyboards, drum kit,vocal mics,recording work desk,and lots of guitars- plus enough comfortable room for 7 band members -all neatly in a 30'x30 basement room.Heres how I made it all work.If you're on a tight budget like most of us there days,just start with essentials, remnant carpet on floor,I found 10- 4x4 acoustic tiles used,up on the wall they go,I ran many separate ac lines,plenty of ac taps.hung Trac lighting..did all this for cheap- it'll work until I insulate,do a drop ceiling,and studded walls etc..as funds permit,upgrade.
Dude you could just sell one or two of those amps and pay someone to build it all for you.

Seriously though nice setup , I thought I was close but you are on the edge my friend.

Dude you could just sell one or two of those amps and pay someone to build it all for you.

Seriously though nice setup , I thought I was close but you are on the edge my friend.
I hear ya! You're right.Sell a few amps,finish the man cave. I've been collecting, selling ,trading,and buying gear for close to 30 yrs now,more than likely before the g.a.s.syndrome term was even invented yet.lol. If I only would've framed the room in when years ago when lumber was affordable...to the o.p.- you got the space( room)(area)... that's half the battle won right there.

How much gear do you have, OP?

If you have a handful of amps or more, a heavy duty set of shelves from a hardware store is worth its weight in gold and then some.

I'll have two heads, probably one 4X12 and one 1X12 combo. I may go with the amp switcher as that is basically 3 heads, but I don't think I need the shelves as I don't have that many heads.

If possible, get dedicated breakers for you room, with a light switch to turn them off. I did this in my room and i get more clean power with no interference.

Well worth it.

And an amp switcher!!!! That is crucial for multiple amps.

The electrician is coming tomorrow and I am asking him about this!

I am going to look into the sound panels. I don't have a ton of room, so I'm not sure I want to take extra space off the wall but it may be worth it. Also, I'm going to hang the guitars like many of you suggested and also try to get my stuff off the ground. I'll probably invest in a carpet too.

Right now, I use two old passive PAs with an old solid state power amp hooked up to my phone to jam with =D. I want to get rid of all that and get something smaller with built in power and more portable. I'm thinking about the Bose S1 Pro , but I'm not sure it will be loud enough.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/S1ProSys--bose-s1-pro-multi-position-pa-system-with-battery
The amps I have are a 5150III 50 watt, JJ 100 watt and Mark IV. Yes I know, LOUD. Usually though, I do not crank them very much. The JJ rarely exceeds 9 o'clock, if that. What do you all think of that Bose? Bluetooth and portable is important to me.

Thanks!

Back