Yngwie

Last time I saw Yngwei live was 2004 I think. He's still a great player and can play circles around most of us. But what basically amounts to a 2 hour guitar solo ends up all blending together and feeling more like he's noodling around than playing actual songs.

The one thing I remember most about that show was afterward we ran into band (Yngwei not included) at a bar down the street. We weren't going to bother them, but one must have recognized us and asked hey weren't you guys up front at the show? then invited us to join them. We ended up hanging out with them the rest of the night buying each other rounds of drinks.

He goes through phases IMO where he's more motivated/more fire than others. It's always been like that with Yngwie. You could turn around and find another recent clip where he's really killing it like always. With all he's done and accomplished he really doesn't have anything to prove any more. With EVH gone, he's really the last of the great game changing guitar players. Still the King IMO though I wish he'd get a proper band again.

Wow. Just … wow.

Im the biggest Yngwie fanboy in the world, and I have no choice but to see how old and tired this has become. It is such a ‘schtick’ at this point, it just seems so ‘put on.’ I’m betting at this point Joe Stump puts on a better show.
Joe is amazing

anyone used to hang in the "old Metro forums"...remember a kid "sean mcfly". i'm pretty sure he's opening for Yngwie

I saw him back in the day with Alcatrazz when they opened for Dio. I got into him in the early days but but anymore I get bored really fast. I’d much rather listen to Schenker
F57EA4E3-6F20-4ECC-9E08-3512D8C62223.jpeg

Fuck that, Hail to the King baby

7th Sign may be my favorite Yngwie Album. My then girlfriend / now wife and I had literally just moved to Vegas when that one came out. We moved on to LA that fall. I wore out 7th Sign and Pride-n-Glory those months. Any track off either album brings me right back to our tiny little apartment with the entire world ahead of us.

He I just missed him twice last week he played two dates near me. I worship the guy, he is my guitar God, and yet I don't feel bad that I missed him. Every song is cut in half....verse, chorus, solo, done. On his new song Wolves at the door...he went intro, skipped the verse and chorus, played the solo, then done. I'm not upset I missed these hacked up rehashed songs one bit.

There are millions of incredible shredders out there and not a one can hold my attention for more than a minute tops . I don't know what it is but they all are missing that extra something that really captivates me and can hold my attention and this includes Vai and Satch.

It's exceedingly rare when a guitarist is just as jaw dropping playing rhythm as they are playing lead and I just never see that these days.

He goes through phases IMO where he's more motivated/more fire than others. It's always been like that with Yngwie. You could turn around and find another recent clip where he's really killing it like always. With all he's done and accomplished he really doesn't have anything to prove any more. With EVH gone, he's really the last of the great game changing guitar players. Still the King IMO though I wish he'd get a proper band again.
I agree with most of this except he thinks that his newer stuff is better than anything he's ever done when clearly he just keeps recycling and reusing his old stuff....only sloppier.

First 3 albums are his master works . He had a fire to take over guitar world . Then a major or someone was like you need pop hits. Though I still love Deja Vu and a lot of that album

the 80's will never die...dude is still a beast...
His cover of “Spanish Castle Magic” KILLS, most definitely would make Jimi like wtf?
The one with the killer all-out metal singer with
ULTRA tacky’ stage attire…, maybe that’s why Yngwie literally takes control of every hot moment.
Tell you what, very few players can look that good with a Stratocaster, of course back in his ‘burn town the town’ days, -nowadays I wouldn’t have him over for dinner.
F-that hell yeah I would!!,, we’d jam and he’d
tear to me shards with frothy criticism afterwards.
LTFOL!!!
-also “Redhouse”, man his intro is so f’n tasty and WICKED!!!!
Again, back in his wicked prime.

*** that organ/keys motha’fucka’ in Redhouse
can tickle that ivory man!!***

Last edited:
Back