Ceriatone customer service

ClintN667

I ordered a 2204 in January. Nik split it up in 3 payments for me. I ended up ordering it without tubes and the headshell to save some cash. Ended up making an order for an upgraded loop and a headshell.

Here it is May and I just ordered a Peavey VTM120 so I wasn't really needing a 2204. So I asked Nik if I could switch to an All Access 50 watt plexi. I did not realize how close my amp was to being built so I made the change at the last minute. As always Nik was very cool about it and we worked out the details. I actually ended up saving a little bit of money. At anyrate, Nik did not have to accommodate me and it was a pretty big asks considering the timing. I told him if it was a problem or too big of an inconvenience I would gladly keep the 2204 order. I was being a pain in the ass but he changed my order and was cool about it.

This is why I would rather buy a Ceriatone, KSR, Monomyth, Headfirst, etc vs an EVH, Marshall or other mass produced amps. These guys appreciate our business and more often than not they actually know who their customers are, we aren't just a faceless sale.

Now if I can find the equivalent in guitars.

Nik has always been quick to respond to my emails regarding tech info. On par with what I hear with how quick Dave Friedman is with responding to emails and such. High level of CS.

When I placed my order it was 7-8 months
That's interesting because he was almost ready to build it at the 4 month mark. I'm wondering if the wait time will be coming down soon. I bought a Chupacabra in 2021 and it wasn't my thing but am looking at a different amp now.

That's interesting because he was almost ready to build it at the 4 month mark. I'm wondering if the wait time will be coming down soon. I bought a Chupacabra in 2021 and it wasn't my thing but am looking at a different amp now.
Are you thinking of a high gain amp? I had a Molecular and a Leviathan. I really enjoyed both but if I was to buy either or them again it would be the Molecular.

I ordered a 2204 in January. Nik split it up in 3 payments for me. I ended up ordering it without tubes and the headshell to save some cash. Ended up making an order for an upgraded loop and a headshell.

Here it is May and I just ordered a Peavey VTM120 so I wasn't really needing a 2204. So I asked Nik if I could switch to an All Access 50 watt plexi. I did not realize how close my amp was to being built so I made the change at the last minute. As always Nik was very cool about it and we worked out the details. I actually ended up saving a little bit of money. At anyrate, Nik did not have to accommodate me and it was a pretty big asks considering the timing. I told him if it was a problem or too big of an inconvenience I would gladly keep the 2204 order. I was being a pain in the ass but he changed my order and was cool about it.

This is why I would rather buy a Ceriatone, KSR, Monomyth, Headfirst, etc vs an EVH, Marshall or other mass produced amps. These guys appreciate our business and more often than not they actually know who their customers are, we aren't just a faceless sale.

Now if I can find the equivalent in guitars.

The joke's on you. He had no problem changing your order because he isn't going to get to it until next year.
I ordered a 50w Plexi All Access on 4/15/21 and still don't have an amp. Hurry up and wait.

Last edited:
Yeah I placed an order for him to build a headfirst kit for me. Quoted 8 months after about a year and half got a refund he was cool about though.

Asked him once if he could mod a yeti to have a clean channel and he said no and offered King Kong instead which has a totally different sound. It is a good place if you can build and mod them yourself but otherwise someone else might offer you something better.

I was quoted 24-30 weeks back in October for a KK build. As of last week that was not going to happen. Not in the ballpark! At LEAST a year wait. Nik is FOS on his times. I was refunded MINUS paypal fees. Eventually I was refunded the fees. That should be on Nik. Never again.

I ordered a Marshall 2555 clone from him. I got ever option and made sure I read the website three times before ordering because I wanted a depth knob, which the website site stated it was included. The wait was only 3-4 months then. When it arrived it did not have the depth knob, I checked his website before emailing him because I wanted to make sure I didn't make a mistake. It still said it was a standard feature, NOT a an option. I emailed him about it he then told me it wasn't a standard feature and was an option, I replied saying no I paid for every possible option and it was a standard feature. Then I checked the website and he had changed it as an option. Would not make it right and after all that the amp was just ok, not great, not even good, definitely not worth the wait or money. I sold it for a loss a few weeks later. I will never buy from this guy again. Dishonest used car salesman, Selling 2nd level gear, Beware!!!!!!!

I ordered a Marshall 2555 clone from him. I got ever option and made sure I read the website three times before ordering because I wanted a depth knob, which the website site stated it was included. The wait was only 3-4 months then. When it arrived it did not have the depth knob, I checked his website before emailing him because I wanted to make sure I didn't make a mistake. It still said it was a standard feature, NOT a an option. I emailed him about it he then told me it wasn't a standard feature and was an option, I replied saying no I paid for every possible option and it was a standard feature. Then I checked the website and he had changed it as an option. Would not make it right and after all that the amp was just ok, not great, not even good, definitely not worth the wait or money. I sold it for a loss a few weeks later. I will never buy from this guy again. Dishonest used car salesman, Selling 2nd level gear, Beware!!!!!!!
That's a shame, because a depth knob is a really quick, easy, and cheap mod. I understand the principle behind it, but did you have a receipt showing you paid for a depth control? Sounds like you a one of the super small fraction of a percentage of people to have that interaction with him...

I have yet to buy any amps in the past 2 years that shipped during the original estimate. If it takes longer it takes longer. No big deal. I have amps to play in the mean time.

That's a shame, because a depth knob is a really quick, easy, and cheap mod. I understand the principle behind it, but did you have a receipt showing you paid for a depth control? Sounds like you a one of the super small fraction of a percentage of people to have that interaction with him...
At that time, the website said read everything completely because pictures do not represent what will be on the amp. I read the description which stated the depth knob was standard, like treble and bass knob. They don't put that on a receipt. Again I ordered every option possible, which at that time was PPVI and I believe biased points on the outside of the amp.

I have no reason to lie or makeup a story. I'm just trying to warn people, so the same thing doesn't happen to someone else.

I don't know if I'm a small percentage but it seems like he also can't keep his word, about when amps will be delivered.

Last edited:
Never had a problem with him, he's fast as a shark replying emails and when I need some help with something amp related (not necessarily Ceriatone) he gives a hand with pleasure. Great guy.

Never had a problem with him, he's fast as a shark replying emails and when I need some help with something amp related (not necessarily Ceriatone) he gives a hand with pleasure. Great guy.
Same. Just ordered two sets of headshells, transformer sets and chassises from Nik. Excellent communications, and fast shipment to USA.

Seems to me that he's only offering good service when things go according to his liking but if not then it's another story.

Overhyped guy with overhyped amps. As i've gone older and have heard more amps i really don't care about the sounds you get from ceriatones.

Back