Travel amp

the rossness

I'm going to be traveling a bit this summer and want to bring some kind of amp with me. Can I get a recommendation on a good travel amp that'll pair well with headphones? Is there any kind of software I could get for my iPad? and how would I connect my guitar and headphones to it? Thanks for any help guys. Peace~

I use this amp on the road and when travelling. Great clean/mid gain sounds and surprisingly good heavier tones. The FX are good, you can use it as a mini PA if you want as well. Runs on batteries if you wanna play somewhere remote. I've had this amp for like 10 years and I love it. Also has a headphone out and line out.
E48D912B-2382-465D-A1F4-C1FC9FE66EC2.jpeg

I have a Katana mini and a Traveler EG1 in my car. Bought them 3 yrs ago when I got a job traveling (mostly driving). They do the job but I end up just playing the guitar acoustically most of the time. And it has a headphone out with clean/dirty/more dirty but they are the worst dirty tones you've ever heard.

There’s gotta be something you can plug into your phone by now? Isn’t it called iRig or something?

WAZA Airs if you want to spend the money. Positive Grid's new Spark Mini looks promising but the last Spark Release was a total shit show so I wouldn't bank on an accurate release date.
Or the Positive Grid software for iOS is great. You just need to get an interface to plug your guitar in.

Yamaha THR10

But I say skip the headphones; just playing the amp at mousefart volumes is a much better experience IMO

I have a Katana mini and a Traveler EG1 in my car. Bought them 3 yrs ago when I got a job traveling (mostly driving). They do the job but I end up just playing the guitar acoustically most of the time. And it has a headphone out with clean/dirty/more dirty but they are the worst dirty tones you've ever heard.
So, I tried a few mini amps at GC and walked out with a Katana Mini. It was the only one that didn’t sound like crap. I’m going to pair it with a Joyo US Dream (Suhr Riot clone) as well.

I use a tascam Guitar trainer with headphones. Light, can change tones and effects internally. Can use a CD or get the newer versions which have hard drive for tunes. Slow down. Speed up. Metronome etc etc. I have used it for 20 years. Never fails. Just get a power supply for it so you don’t run through batteries all the time. I can play at 6 am or 11 pm. No one can hear me.

There’s gotta be something you can plug into your phone by now? Isn’t it called iRig or something?
It works with a phone or tablet. I used it about 11~12 years ago.

It's basically some software and a special adapter cable that allows you to connect your guitar to the device.

I use this amp on the road and when travelling. Great clean/mid gain sounds and surprisingly good heavier tones. The FX are good, you can use it as a mini PA if you want as well. Runs on batteries if you wanna play somewhere remote. I've had this amp for like 10 years and I love it. Also has a headphone out and line out.View attachment 118738
Me too.. love it

Back