Lynch Mob

The only SLO on that album is River of Love. The album was done with 50 watt plexi and laney 60 watt plexi. Dont believe it :yes: ask George.

There’s no way. I wouldn’t even trust George himself as reliable on this one.

Especially after all his recent "woke social outbursts"... and since recently changing the name of the band... since Lynch Mob is racist and all.

GL... great guitarist... but average group-think moron.

Im just quoting what was said in guitar player magazine at the time of release 89-90?

I think you’re sort of right but are likely misremembering some details. Pretty sure Lynch did use a Marshall and Laney for the Tooth and Nail album (or one of the earlier Dokken albums). But if you read that interview in 89-90, the first LM record didn’t drop until late (Oct) 90. I specifically remember him talking about the SLO during the 91-92 timeframe of that first LM album.

I just looked this up in Aspen Pittman's The Tube Amp Book 4th edition: It was a 1972 100 Purple Tolex Superlead not a 73.

For Wicked Sensation I had always heard it was a stock 1972 100 watt Superlead in Purple Tolex owned by Aspen Pittman of Groove Tubes and an SLO here and there. George uses so much different stuff anyway so who really knows. There are pics from the studio showing the Pittman Marshall and SLO.

Last edited:
I think you’re sort of right but are likely misremembering some details. Pretty sure Lynch did use a Marshall and Laney for the Tooth and Nail album (or one of the earlier Dokken albums). But if you read that interview in 89-90, the first LM record didn’t drop until late (Oct) 90. I specifically remember him talking about the SLO during the 91-92 timeframe of that first LM album.
Tooth and Nail was Randall and some rack stuff. I saw that tour and was what he was using.

I was recently looking at Lynch's guitar site and I emailed him with a question and George himself emailed me back within minutes . Didn't expect that .

Especially after all his recent "woke social outbursts"... and since recently changing the name of the band... since Lynch Mob is racist and all.

You got to realize a lot of these popular people who live in Hollywood land need to come across as "Woke" even when they're the opposite . You would be shocked just how many very popular people are conservatives but understand that they need to play the game when most around them are the opposite .

You got to realize a lot of these popular people who live in Hollywood land need to come across as "Woke" even when they're the opposite . You would be shocked just how many very popular people are conservatives but understand that they need to play the game when most around them are the opposite .

.... however many of the woke celebrities, actors, musicians... need to realize what Michael Jordan summed up quiet nicely in a quote several years ago...

"Republicans buy shoes too..."

quote-republicans-buy-sneakers-too-michael-jordan-64-45-54.jpg

They want to alienate 50% of their customer base... cool... but when you up the woke flag... you better live, love, and back all the crazy that goes with it. You can't pick and choose.

GL might want to get some cool face masks to go along with those cool gloves he likes to rock while playing. Safety and virtue first.

.... however many of the woke celebrities, actors, musicians... need to realize what Michael Jordan summed up quiet nicely in a quote several years ago...

"Republicans buy shoes too..."

quote-republicans-buy-sneakers-too-michael-jordan-64-45-54.jpg

They want to alienate 50% of their customer base... cool... but when you up the woke flag... you better live, love, and back all the crazy that goes with it. You can't pick and choose.

GL might want to get some cool face masks to go along with those cool gloves he likes to rock while playing. Safety and virtue first.

I actually DESPISE republicans , they're as useless as democrats . My position is very anti left wing but definitely not republican .

Did he actually change the name?? Or is that a joke?

Did he actually change the name?? Or is that a joke?

He changed it. No joke, he's woke. Last year IIRC. GL is a very woke and socially virtuous individual.

https://bravewords.com/news/george-...it-s-liberating-it-really-is-electric-freedom
Lynch: "It's liberating, actually, to have a new band and a new name, and a name that shows the power of the name because with the new name, which is George Lynch's Electric Freedom. It really is electric freedom. It really defines the band because we're plugged in, we do a lot of kind of just off-the-cuff improvisation during our show you don't see very much in rock and roll anymore, not since the '70s. We're big fans of that, that's what we're raised on, so it's really I think more alive and vital than your kind of average thing where you just you go see a band and they're playing songs they wrote 35 years ago."

Not like playing in Dokken, selling sex, songs about sex acts, misogynistic and chauvinistic lyrics count for anything. I'm sure he'll return all that record deal money, signature gear earnings and the royalties he continues to earn off those 35 year old songs... cause I'm sure he can live comfortably from all his new material he currently releasing.

It's the right and socially conscious thing to do.

Reactions: ccn
He changed it. No joke, he's woke. Last year IIRC. GL is a very woke and socially virtuous individual.

https://bravewords.com/news/george-...it-s-liberating-it-really-is-electric-freedom
Lynch: "It's liberating, actually, to have a new band and a new name, and a name that shows the power of the name because with the new name, which is George Lynch's Electric Freedom. It really is electric freedom. It really defines the band because we're plugged in, we do a lot of kind of just off-the-cuff improvisation during our show you don't see very much in rock and roll anymore, not since the '70s. We're big fans of that, that's what we're raised on, so it's really I think more alive and vital than your kind of average thing where you just you go see a band and they're playing songs they wrote 35 years ago."

Not like playing in Dokken, selling sex, songs about sex acts, misogynistic and chauvinistic lyrics count for anything. I'm sure he'll return all that record deal money, signature gear earnings and the royalties he continues to earn off those 35 year old songs... cause I'm sure he can live comfortably from all his new material he currently releasing.

It's the right and socially conscious thing to do.

Oh God , he's really lost his effing mind . That's heartbreaking . It's truly mind boggling to me how some STILL can't figure out that their rights and freedoms are teetering on the edge.

Sorry George but the below article is for you:

Too Stupid to Remain FREE​

https://newswithviews.com/too-stupid-to-remain-free/

Terry Crews is a great example of this.

He didn't use PRS until the WS tour, but not on the album. Definitely had a Distortion during that era, same as the Dokken days. Both of his 'instructional videos' he had during the WS era, you can see in one vid the amp setup and pickup in the guitar, and the other vid he talks about his Kami setup and the custom wound Distortion. He doesn't explicitly say that's what he was recording the WS album with, but it's more or less eluding to it.

Having said that, I have a meager bare bones rig at home to try and get those rhythm tones with a single amp/guitar setup. Modded 2204, SLO modded Jet City 100H, Blackback/EVH loaded Marshall 4x12, and a Duncan "The Hunter" pickup in the bridge of an alder bodied LTD Kamikaze from 20 years ago. It does the job decently well for being one amp/one guitar.

(Don't laugh too hard...)

Damn, that sounds killer!

Back