Ceriatone customer service

I ordered a 2204 in January. Nik split it up in 3 payments for me. I ended up ordering it without tubes and the headshell to save some cash. Ended up making an order for an upgraded loop and a headshell.

Here it is May and I just ordered a Peavey VTM120 so I wasn't really needing a 2204. So I asked Nik if I could switch to an All Access 50 watt plexi. I did not realize how close my amp was to being built so I made the change at the last minute. As always Nik was very cool about it and we worked out the details. I actually ended up saving a little bit of money. At any rate, Nik did not have to accommodate me and it was a pretty big asks considering the timing. I told him if it was a problem or too big of an inconvenience I would gladly keep the 2204 order. I was being a pain in the ass but he changed my order and was cool about it.

This is why I would rather buy a Ceriatone, KSR, Monomyth, Headfirst, etc vs an EVH, Marshall or other mass produced amps. These guys appreciate our business and more often than not they actually know who their customers are, we aren't just a faceless sale.

Now if I can find the equivalent in guitars.

Trust me when I tell you, he still thinks you're a major PITA and deep down he would have much preferred you stuck with the 2204 order BUT he did what great CS people tend to do and that is swallowing his extreme frustration and taking the high road in hoping that they not only hold on to a potential lifelong customer but also hoping that customer gives them great advertising for future business .

Both were accomplished .

PS: I'm a major PITA myself with this kind of stuff, very indecisive so I'm not dissing you I'm just saying some customers are more of a PITA than others.

Trust me when I tell you, he still thinks you're a major PITA and deep down he would have much preferred you stuck with the 2204 order BUT he did what great CS people tend to do and that is swallowing his extreme frustration and taking the high road in hoping that they not only hold on to a potential lifelong customer but also hoping that customer gives them great advertising for future business .

Both were accomplished .

PS: I'm a major PITA myself with this kind of stuff, very indecisive so I'm not dissing you I'm just saying some customers are more of a PITA than others.
Ive worked with him a good bit over the years and I know he was irritated and rightfully so but he has always been helpful. Believe me he will not shy away from bitching at you if you really piss him off. He has even helped me on builds that weren't even his and didn't have any ceriatone parts except for a chassis. He has went above and beyond for me several times and has given me deals on occasion. This purchase would have been my second 2204 from him but after getting the VTM lined up it made more sense to get a Plexi but I would have been happy with either.

Kyle Rhodes has been very similar in his customer service although he isn't as quick to respond to emails. But both of these guys have made transactions easier for me, taught me something new, and made recommendations based on what they know of my preferences based on past transactions. Not to mention they have worked with me to make sure I can get the amp that I want whether it was work with me on payments or making mods.

The point of this post is there are several brands out there that offer this kind of customer service and I appreciate that. If I wanted a Marshall, Peavey, or Orange or any of the other big brands most of them you don't have a direct line of communication or support. Not to mention they don't know or care who the fuck you are or whether you are happy or not with their product after the sale is made.

Over the past couple years, the supply chain has been fucked and sales have went up for several of my favorite brands. I'm appreciative that I'm receiving the same level of support now that I had when the wait time was 6-12 weeks.

I've been playing guitar for 30 years and I think about how gear purchases used to go for me in the early days and I can honestly say that we are very lucky now with our options.

I’ve ordered three different things from him. Only one was delayed from covid and government lockdowns and back logs. Nik was straight up and very forward with me during the whole process. Every thing I have owned made by them has been a stand up piece of gear that holds its own. Great company and great product.

Last edited:
Back