Playing a show with Kix Saturday night. Which rig to take?

So no Ronnie Younkins this Saturday. I believe he’s on house arrest so Bob Pare is in his spot until further notice.

Nope. You're going to get to the point where you may stop gigging; and realize that you'll never have another opportunity to play live with either tube amp again. Take one of the big dogs.
The last festival I played was Rock Fest back in 2015. I brought a 79 2203 and a 2C+ SRG(60w). Split the signal with a Lehle; my Intellifex went through the C+ loop. Lots o gear but DAMN did it sound great.
This: “You're going to get to the point where you may stop gigging; and realize that you'll never have another opportunity to play live with either tube amp again.”

Several years ago, I was playing with a couple very good friends from way, way back. we had all played full time professionally before reality conspired against us and we got grown up jobs. Point is, we knew what we were doing. We put together a set of early VH before the King passed and VH Nostalgia became trendy. We only played 4-5 times a year and had an absolute blast. It was so challenging and so rewarding for me to do the deep dive and really try to get every little fill, every little pick scrape right. The wheels came off that project in one fell swoop and we never played again. The last time we played, I hauled my Abrahamian Mod5 and GB loaded 4x12 to the tiny little dive bar where we played and I am now SO glad I did. If I had the chance to do a show with Kix - I would leap in feet first. Bring the big gear. Drink it all in.

I'm all for simple and quick to setup. Usually when you are one of the supporting acts, you don't have a lot of time to setup. We are playing at a couple of the outdoor fests up this way over the summer with several other bands so it's quick setup and soundcheck and off you go.

my vote is for the Smallbox. it kicks all kinds of ass and being outdoors you'll hopefully be afforded a little more headroom to turn it up!

We opened for Buckcherry a few months back. We shared some gear with the other opener. I brought my head and used the other bands cab. I think my singer brought his combo amp and drummer and bass player shared gear. Helps with set up/ tear down time if it’s not all the gear.

We opened for Buckcherry a few months back. We shared some gear with the other opener. I brought my head and used the other bands cab. I think my singer brought his combo amp and drummer and bass player shared gear. Helps with set up/ tear down time if it’s not all the gear.
What's your bands name? Any youtube videos?

Ask yourself, Would Angus Young or the men who stormed Iwo Jima play a modeler live?Smallbox with the AA6 in the loop as effects or out front. Works quite well and is super easy to move.

So the deal is that all three bands will set up at 11:00 am. The only thing we will need to do is get gear offstage and can break it down side stage. Big rig it is.

Back