Komet Concorde Clone SOLD

gtrwun

https://reverb.com/item/55112229-ko...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=55112229
Please see Reverb ad for details. RigTalk price would be less for sure.
Any questions, let me know.
3D953485-97FF-4B75-899E-23F396E91E43.jpeg
6F2357FE-D381-4284-A389-78DDBE1C4671.jpeg
60F53B88-1A34-4988-BE1C-3EEE1E05BD85.jpeg
6451ADD7-11E6-4968-A0A5-D9209F3E8C3D.jpeg
A8EB60EE-DDB5-4586-B4C7-5E4AA27EADBF.jpeg
B01E1431-7CB8-47AC-BBE2-C1DDCF8A2312.jpeg
AF91500B-2E3D-49B4-8DBA-598B7D81A4D1.jpeg

Last edited:
I serviced that amp right before Jim sold it to you. It is killer! The Friedman mod is just adding more filtering in the power supply nodes to tighten up the feel and reduce the ghosting. I love this amp. GLWTS!

I serviced that amp right before Jim sold it to you. It is killer! The Friedman mod is just adding more filtering in the power supply nodes to tighten up the feel and reduce the ghosting. I love this amp. GLWTS!
Thanks for the information. I saw a video where Dave had done this on Pete Thorns Komet too. I assumed it might have been something similar.

There was a real Concord at the LA amp show one year. I knew the owner he brought the amp Into the room. We did an A/B test and he left wanting my amp more than his own. I got the foot switch fixed where you don’t have to turn off the amp between fast and gradual mode. Dave Friedman added a couple of capacitors to tighten up and enhance the bass. And of course I had ridiculously nice tubes in it, too.

There was a real Concord at the LA amp show one year. I knew the owner he brought the amp Into the room. We did an A/B test and he left wanting my amp more than his own. I got the foot switch fixed where you don’t have to turn off the amp between fast and gradual mode. Dave Friedman added a couple of capacitors to tighten up and enhance the bass. And of course I had ridiculously nice tubes in it, too.
Hey Jim. Thanks for chiming in! Hope all is well in Az? Don’t see you posting much here, so I figure business is good. Tell Gjika I said hi next time you see him.
Steve Niles

Bet this is a killer tone machine.

jim. do you still have that amp?

No, sorry, I sold it to a long time client. It was just way too frigging loud to use it at home, so I sold it a few years back. The buyer kept it for a few years and just sold it a few months ago IIRC.
thanks for the update. i have a concorde and i do love it. i am entertaining on having friedman tighten it up too. really dont want to ship it through

thanks for the update. i have a concorde and i do love it. i am entertaining on having friedman tighten it up too. really dont want to ship it through
There are a few mods for it. One is the changing of the fast/gradual toggle to a foot switch and some cap changes tightening up the bass, and making the overall feel more responsive. Shoot Dave a call and see if he will still do it. I know he worked on mine and Pete Thorn's Concorde's, but I'm not sure if he modded any other ones. As for shipping, the usual 5 inches of foam and newspaper around all the sides will usually be safe.

Back