Favorite stereo chorus pedal?

^^^^ I've also made bout the same presets! The micropitch will put out some serious thick chewy chorus,plus it's delays are underrated.

Not that this helps the OP but my lifelong chorus search ended a few years back with the Vahlbruch Analog Chorus. That said there are tons of great sounding chorus units out there, many that I owned and liked but there was always something that wasn't 100% right for me until the Vahlbruch. Stopped the search dead in it's tracks.

another suggestion, if you have some $$ is the Retro Sonic Chorus. there is a stereo version. i had that back in the 2000's and remember thinking it sounded great. they're not cheap though.

I find the Boss CE-5 Chorus ensemble is an excellent value. Mine is a 2002 which is digital and supposed to be less warm than the analog bucket brigade chip which is 2001-2002 and prior but don't quote me but I still think it sounds excellent and can even give a decent EVH micropitch impersonation if you don't want to purchase the Eventide Pitchfactor$$$$.

I don't think it is true stereo Mono A output jack out has the 100% wet chorus signal and Mono output B has a either a totally dry output or very little wet effect on it so you could run it to two different Marshall heads stereo with a wet and dry output just the way Zakk Wylde did live on tour and it sounds excellent. :2thumbsup:

The prices on these are still reasonable when I picked mine up, haven't looked lately. You could buy two Boss's for each amp in your A/B rig....

Whilst I recommend the MXR Yellow box as an easy option, my fave is the Free The Tone TRI-AVATAR. It sounds great, lots of knobs to fine tune your sounds, and has options for 4 presets at the ready.

Retro-Sonic Chorus. I have 2. It's that good! I also have a Boss CE-2w which has that mid bump. The RS does not.
is there a difference between the older "chorus ensamble" version and the "Chorus" version that they sell now?
i know i had at least one of the older ones, but they all sound good. i've had at least 4 over the years. i used to build and part out my pedal board like once every other year for a while there it seemed. its one of like 6 pedals i've owned a ton of times instead of just buying one and keeping it.

is there a difference between the older "chorus ensamble" version and the "Chorus" version that they sell now?
i know i had at least one of the older ones, but they all sound good. i've had at least 4 over the years. i used to build and part out my pedal board like once every other year for a while there it seemed. its one of like 6 pedals i've owned a ton of times instead of just buying one and keeping it.
The 2 I have are dark Grey. Depth and rate controls and level control. The older ones "silver?" Have level control and chorus intensity only for chorus side of the pedal. Not sure how they sound comparing the 2. I think there was a YT comparison somewhere.

Free The Tone would be my favorite and I have several nice Chorus pedals - Strymon, Eventide, Neunaber, Boss, Walrus, Etc.
Yeah...been thinking about a chorus lately. I've tried a few over the years and never keep them. Was looking at the Neunaber Inspire, but now thinking the Free the Tone or the Eventide Tricerachorus. Like the fact the Eventide Detune is on it. Damn decisions.

i sold my dd-3, ce-2w, and rv-3, and got an eventide micropitch. lifes been good ever since. i got 5 presets to play set. preset one is a delay, preset 2 is the classic micropitch wet as hell (chorus-y), preset 3 is a different delay, preset 3 is straight classic chorus, and preset 5 is a short delay with the tone up high, that sounds like a cold plate reverb for doing dimmu, immortal, dissection type stuff. Its true stereo, and sounds amazing. My only gripe with it is the color scheme. the 5 preset LED indicator lights are close together against the chassis that is the same exact shade of red as the leds. my aging eyes have a hard time distinguishing what preset i'm on when i'm standing up playing.
Damn...maybe I should grab one. I already have the El Cap from Strymon, but I love delays. Trying to decide if I should get the tricerachorus or the micropitch, I love VH, Dimmu, Immortal as well. Want that thick ZW tone too.

Back