I think this is very cool and interesting Soldano information

I thought all this time that Lynch was the original owner of #006. Must have bought it from Andy. Nevertheless, that's a very cool list.

Page 2 that's posted on Soldanos Instagram account

W6goRzRh.jpg
“Stevie Fryett VHT” hahaha

I think R stands for rack as Vivian’s were rackmout as he was the first guy to ask for one in rackmount format. Not sure about P as I don’t think mike was doing preamps that early.
I was guessing that "P" stands for paid, but then I wouldn't know what "R" stood for. "R" for rack does make sense.

I bought an x88r back then..but- I bought it from daddy's used gear magazine. That was the place to find this stuff back then. No internet yet. R= rack. P= preamp-that makes sense..not sure what the • means tho.

someone should scan some old daddys mail order catalogs from back in the day. i bet they'd be pretty cool to see now.

there is one on ebay rn with my amp on the cover! ...still trying to find the "4th channel" :p
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Page Two shows 7 SLO's going to PRS. Some friends and I shared a booth at the Tacoma Dome guitar show a few years back. Paul was a major vendor/sponsor. He stopped by our booth asked if he could try my SLO rig I had for sale there (pic below to verify). He said he has never played thru one before. Interesting. So if that's true, the 7 SLO's that went to PRS must've been a bulk employee purchase, and he never got to try one of them.

4umMgoV.jpg

Last edited:
^ Who was that geared too?

Page Two shows 7 SLO's going to PRS. Some friends and I shared a booth at the Tacoma Dome guitar show a few years back. Paul was a major vendor/sponsor. He stopped by our booth asked if he could try my SLO rig I had for sale there (pic below to verify). He said he has never played thru one before. Interesting. So if that's true, the 7 SLO's that went to PRS must've been a bulk employee purchase, and he never go to try one of them.

4umMgoV.jpg
That's a trip.
Did he like it?
Does PRS on the serial list possibly mean something else.
Also wonder if maybe the PRS amp guys wanted some SLOs as 'guides' for their future amp line?

Also,
Does anyone know who/what "All Access" and "Produx" and "Make N Music" are. Are those retail stores/distributors maybe?

Last edited:
That's a trip.
Did he like it?
Does PRS on the serial list possibly mean something else.
Also wonder if maybe the PRS amp guys wanted some SLOs as 'guides' for their future amp line?

Also,
Does anyone know who/what "All Access" and "Produx" and "Make N Music" are. Are those retail stores/distributors maybe?
Im guessing its not the PRS we know. If these lists were 86- 90 timeframe those are the first few years of production for PRS, along with a factory change in 88-89ish?, I would think capital for 7 high end amps would have been hard to come by, back then they didn't have the volume/revenue they have for the last 20 years. Perhaps they were trading guitars for amps, I'd still think Paul would have gotten to try one, it was a small shop back then the decision to spend that much money or trade that much product had to come from the top...

Last edited:
Back