G12H30 Anniversary are my new favorite speaker

Cameron cabs used the 8 or 16 ohm version?
Mine has 16 ohm but I installed them myself. I bought 4 new G12H30's for $75 each on Craigslist and took them to Jim for the "FBI" break-in.

There are at least two versions of the Cameron cabs. I have the production version. It's funny because the baffle is crooked, there's more gap on one edge of the bottom than the other. But it's an amazing sounding cabinet.

g12h30s are a great speaker, and especially the anniversary and UK made versions.

As multiple people have said though, the high end is strident.

I actually need to try some of these with the larry, I havent played any in a few years.

I’m really curious to hear the UK vs China Anniversary. I’m just so happy with the ones I have that I don’t know that I want to change. As stated, I could do with a tad less highs, though.

Not a G12H30 but very happy with this combo…

809116E3-718C-44DD-9ECD-CE81A33EAC60.jpeg

797FFD46-9726-4D33-BB31-6782441D782E.jpeg

The G12H30 anniversary speakers are good speakers, but like others have said the top end can be a bit bitey or strident. Like most things, might be what you want in a band mix. I sold the last pair I have for a scumback scumnico/H75 mix and really liked the change. Still plenty of highs, but no more strident ones.

Reactions: LCW
I’m really curious to hear the UK vs China Anniversary. I’m just so happy with the ones I have that I don’t know that I want to change. As stated, I could do with a tad less highs, though.

Try the G12H30 Heritage 75hz....
Or get the Scumback H75...(the 30w not the HP)

So the Heritage 75's are similar with less highs?

Scumbacks sound interesting. I have some J75 small dust caps that are pretty good.

I love how aggressive sounding the Anniversary are. There is a grind in the mids that I don't get with other speakers.

So the Heritage 75's are similar with less highs?

Scumbacks sound interesting. I have some J75 small dust caps that are pretty good.

I love how aggressive sounding the Anniversary are. There is a grind in the mids that I don't get with other speakers.

I think so...they are surely less metallic sounding with more mids...
The Chinese annies were brighter than the English made annies(1st gen)

The Heritage 75Hz is a great speaker, and the reason I kinda gave up on the Anniversaries. It's too broad to say more or less 'highs'. The frequency response curve of a speaker is highly complex and you can have two speakers that start rolling off at a similar point but sound way different due to all the peaks and dips.

Anyway the H75 is a winner, but discontinued now - presumably due to the Cream H which it sounds quite similar to.

I’m also curious to know how the Avatar “Hellatone” versions compare.
They are Celestion G12H30s, so they sound exactly the same, just more broken in. You can see the Celestion sticker underneath the Avatar one. I have a 412 with the Hellatone 30s in it and it has that TSRTS bite—love it. Alone, yeah these speakers are a little bright but in a band mix they fit perfectly.

Very skeptical of the MIC/UK comparisons—I suppose everyone wants to be special lol, but I’d bet my house and 401k no one is discerning one from the other in a blind test. I’ve compared UK V30s to the MIC ones and they were identical.

Can’t stand the Annis, but love the Heritage 75hz. They are a completely different sounding. The Heritage sound almost identical to the G12m Reissues……but a hair tighter. They are also quieter than the Annis. I just bought up a bunch of them since they are now discontinued.

The Heritage do not sound like the Cream H to me either. The Cream sounds more like a tweaked V30 to me. I find it too bright as well, but not spiky/sibilant like the Anni. It’s a really even sound without much character IMO.

Regarding the Annis, I bought a pair of the new Hellatone 30 UK versions. And guess what, they are brighter/harsher than the pair of Chinese Hellatones that are now residing in boxes.

If you're handy, you could add another layer of grill cloth or change to a thicker one for $50 vs spending $500+ for new speakers that you may not like.

They are exactly the version you want…far less spiky highs out of the box. But if it ain’t broke….I wouldn’t replace anything you already like but if you are pondering another H30 loaded cab, I’d definitely consider these.

I think the Anniversaries are a good thrash speaker. Stay tight, good amount of tight low end. For some reason I don't jive with them on the top strings though. Very cold and clangy sounding when picking single notes on those strings. Just an observation. But overall a fine speaker.

Back