The original RR3 Grover built for Randy

Great life lesson here - in today's hyper-polarized world, if you do anything in the public eye and wear your politics on your sleeve, you will alienate 50% of your potential audience.
Which is sad because one of the reasons I wanted to get into music decades ago was to get away from politics and typical societal bull shit. All the musicians and bands I've been in, not once was politics ever even brought up. Now we have musicians who define themselves and other human beings by politics, sad days. And one of the reasons I am all but off social media and only post on a few boards like this.

The guitar originally came with Duncan Customs. Interesting. He was known the be a Distortion or Super Distortion pickups.

Cool!

it is one of those odd bits of history where it really is hard to put a value on that guitar given Randy never touched it ... SUPER cool in the history for Jackson guitars but as a Randy fan to me it isn't one of those "would love to own that" things
Right?! I had the Dean green/black bumblebee razorback prototype (one of the first 6 razorbacks made) that SHOULD have gone to Dime. It was displayed at NAMM right after he died. Was kinda cool to have but wasn't so kick ass I had to keep it.

Yup. Plus, if I wanted to hear offset shitter delay rock and evh/nuno licks I could literally watch any other YouTuber on the planet.

I only replied here to say he is nowhere close to Nuno riffs. You are also correct, I probably only watch 1 in 20 of his videos because he has the same formula for most of his demos and there are only so many things you can write before it all sounds the same and rehashed like Yngwie.

The problem i have with guitar youtubers is that they all have this really effeminate almost soy like personality. Like super quirky and something you'd expect from a Reddit white knight but not from a guitar player.

8fc.jpg

Dude plays really well and understands how to coax the best out of whatever piece of gear you put in front of him. I get better info about how a piece of gear works and what it does from his gear demos than just about anyone else's online.

I agree with your first sentence. Pete can plug into a turd and make it sound good.
Which is why I disagree with your second sentence. I never glean how gear will sound at my place from Pete's videos. Too polished.

I enjoyed the video. Info about Randy's gear and playing is always interesting.

Reactions: PDC
I agree with your first sentence. Pete can plug into a turd and make it sound good.
Which is why I disagree with your second sentence. I never glean how gear will sound at my place from Pete's videos. Too polished.

I enjoyed the video. Info about Randy's gear and playing is always interesting.
What I was getting at is that - in addition to getting that great sounding setting that he uses for the majority of the video - ‘most’ of his demos include a segment where he gradually cycles each knob through its full range so you can hear (to some extent) the range of the effect and its impact on the signal. Most of his videos also demo the effect with both a clean and an overdriven sound. So many demos spend the entire vid on one guitar tone - clean or dirty - and one setting on the effect.

seriously though...if you make a living in the public eye-keep your politics to yourself. actually that's good advice in general. imo.
Yep, and it's not that hard to do. It seems a lot of people know his political views which almost seems like an effort was made to make them known.

I'm pretty good at living under a rock so I have no idea what his political views are.

Yep, and it's not that hard to do. It seems a lot of people know his political views which almost seems like an effort was made to make them known.

I'm pretty good at living under a rock so I have no idea what his political views are.
That makes 2 of us. Haha
Is he pro taliban? Lol

I guess he was a hardcore mask and vax guy, and was pretty insulting to those who did not agree. Correct me if I'm wrong....Actually don't-who cares? Back to the vid-I only watched the beginning of the vid but he was killing the Randy vibe....sounded sweet...

Back