Wah recommendations

. Drawbacks to those Morleys is if you want them mounted on your board, they take up alot of space.
New ones are smaller apparently

1652981402358.jpeg

I've had just about every wah out there and I now have had an original Bad Horsie for years I actually have two of them and just love them! Get the original though the other ones are different and not nearly as good.

Attachments

• 20220519_121311.jpg
    20220519_121311.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 20220510_062410.jpg
    20220510_062410.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 26
^^... I may have to grab a 95Q. Been using the Morley Tremonti for years... love the switchless feature, but might be time to switch it up.
Tremonti is a nice wah, hands down my favorite of the Morley stuff. Used one for several years, then switched to the 95Q as I wanted more control over the Q and something more traditional CryBaby sounding.

See I have only used an Original Crybaby and I hated the switch. Like the one I had would get stuck.

I just got a gift card for GC from work so that was unexpected. Going to use it on this purchase. I gotta admit I'm looking at the Morley stuff a bit more. I loved the Bad Horsie Wah on the modelers I've used. I never used these much but if you play Kirk Hammet, Zakk Wylde, or Slash you pretty much need one strapped to both feet.

Honestly though I like when it's used sparingly. The solo section of Carcass' Buried dreams was a good application in my book. The rhythm guitar was just play a few notes and engaging the wah which added some nice color.

New ones are smaller apparently

View attachment 119680
Are the newer Morleys as good as the old? Better? Worse? Always wondered. I have owned the bad horsie, bad horsie 2, and the Tremonti. The Tremonti was my favorite by far. I didn't notice tone suck with it....Bad Horsie 2 was second. Good wah...better than the 1st. I did own the Mission Engineering wah(purple). Good wah with internal switching for different settings. And last I have owned the Jerry Cantrel wah. Recorded an album with the cantrel, but would never use it live. I as many wanna just push for sound, not have to click on and off. My buddy Andre loves his EVH wah, and I've heard good things about the DFH wah and the Hammet, but same situation with clicking on and off. I don't own any wahs for about 3 years now, probably shoulda kept the tremonti in the closet, but was clearing room for moving, selling stuff. I remember guys liking the CAE wah too.

Are the newer Morleys as good as the old? Better? Worse? Always wondered. I have owned the bad horsie, bad horsie 2, and the Tremonti. The Tremonti was my favorite by far. I didn't notice tone suck with it....Bad Horsie 2 was second. Good wah...better than the 1st. I did own the Mission Engineering wah(purple). Good wah with internal switching for different settings. And last I have owned the Jerry Cantrel wah. Recorded an album with the cantrel, but would never use it live. I as many wanna just push for sound, not have to click on and off. My buddy Andre loves his EVH wah, and I've heard good things about the DFH wah and the Hammet, but same situation with clicking on and off. I don't own any wahs for about 3 years now, probably shoulda kept the tremonti in the closet, but was clearing room for moving, selling stuff. I remember guys liking the CAE wah too.
Not sure how they sound. I’ve only ever used the original Bad Horsie and Bad Horsie 2. Does the Tremonti have more of a classic wah sound? I found the Bad Horsie more subtle than a crybaby

Xotic Wah is great, but pricey. Only thing I didn't like was the very slight latency when switching. Sounds great though with good options and flexibility.

I recently got the Crybaby Junior and I love it. Like the Xotic, it's the perfect size for me and my board and there's not latency when switching on.

So I ended up getting a dunlop mini wah with the auto return feature. I'm glad for this recommendation. This thing is so much fun.

Back