Pedals you've never heard of that are egregiously expensive

311splawndude

Like this one?

Anyone ever heard of this? Chase Bliss Brothers OD/Fuzz. Only $400. It comes in a wooden box so you know it's good.

uBC1R5P.jpg

What else?

CB does some sick shit though, there's an EQ pedal that they do that takes presets and the knobs are actually motorized, it's cool as fuck.

CB does some sick shit though, there's an EQ pedal that they do that takes presets and the knobs are actually motorized, it's cool as fuck.
Maybe. I see some of their pedals are in the $700 - $800 - $900 range. One of the compressor pedals is over $1K. I guess I'm just not a boutique pedal guy. Not knocking those who are either, just a curiosity I never had. Who has the overpriced shit?

Never heard of it but maybe it's good? I'd drive out to Chesterfield to try one, fuck it
Let me know what you think :D

every single of those spaceman or whatever pedals. just basic ass fuzzes that dudes go nuts over.

I have heard of the Brothers actually. All the Chase Bliss stuff is crazy expensive but supposed to be quite good and innovative

You people should go to The Gear Page effects forum more often. Most of this stuff is common over there.

Spaceman....tried several. Didn't like any of them.

Chase Bliss....tried a few and sound good. But complex to use the full MIDI application. I own a Bliss Factory. Cool pedal but prefer my Fat Fuzz Factory.

As far as the prices go on all this stuff usually it is about flippers more than anything. I don't feel any of them are really worth the money asked.

I actually like the Spaceman Titan II, but that's the only one I ever tried. Nothing special about it though; just a solid fuzz

I can chime in here. I'm the GM at Keeley Electronics so I have some insight on the subject. Everything is relative to what you're interested in and while I agree, some price points can defy your sensibilities in the pedal world, the same phenomenon exists with most gear...not a hot take, I know. The same element that makes an expensive pedal worth it to some is one in the same with expensive amps. We (guitar players) go nuts and pay ridiculous money for boutique amps that are basically a Marshall, Vox, Fender, etc circuit. Of course, that's an oversimplification and there are a lot of builders that have something to offer but it's not far off. And it's kind of the point I suppose. There's not much out there that hasn't been done in terms of completely original circuits and it's a Brand's job to provide a unique perspective or combination of utility/technology that can give players something they feel is worth the price of admission.

Chase Bliss is very self aware. They know their pedals are pricey and acknowledge that they aren't for everyone. They've recently announced that they are going to exclusively market their products direct to consumer on their site and skip the dealer so even their business model is unconventional. It's bold to be certain and I personally salute them and respect what they do even though I'm not entirely interested in the utility of products they manufacture or even their newly discovered approach to doing business. It's a crazy and kind of awesome time to be alive as a musician.

We have soooo many options and appealing to the cork sniffing community is just one way to go. Feel free to roast me=) I might pose a different question...what really expensive pedal does anyone think IS worth the money?

Last edited:
I don't buy into the expensive pedal platform but this brings up a point about expensive pedals which makes no sense. The chips available for a more complex platform definitely ups the game but the cost is going the wrong direction, they should be cheaper. The manufacturers are selling the idea that there's some pedal magic and that is flat out false bc of the power of the chips going into a smaller platform instead of a rackmount.

What you could get in a rack you now get in a pedal and the parts are cheaper now but the price is up which furthers my point.

Last edited:
I don't buy into the expensive pedal platform but this brings up a point about expensive pedals which makes no sense. The chips available for a more complex platform definitely ups the game but the cost is going the wrong direction, they should be cheaper. The manufacturers are selling the idea that there's some pedal magic and that is flat out false bc of the power of the chips going into a smaller platform instead of a rackmount.

What you could get in a rack you now get in a pedal and the parts are cheaper now but the price is up which furthers my point.
I can see where you're coming from. It's not magic but engineers that make feature laden products smaller and no matter the industry smaller sleeker technologies almost never trend cheaper. Parts cost from micro controllers to a simple resistor continues to increase so unfortunately you're not saving any $ making all of that work in a smaller package. I agree with the fact that I'd like to see the market in general trend downward and that those in the industry should endeavor to make quality products at a more reasonable price.

Back