TGP LOL's!!

Somebody go to TGP and make this thread:

Title:
Help me dial in the best SRV Tone

Opening Post:
So I did my research and got pretty much the best gear you can get so I'm good there. For the guitar, I got a PRS Custom 24 and I put in two EMG 81’s which sound so awesome, and for the amp, I know that more tubes = better tone so I got a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier which has 8 power tubes in the back so you know this things RIPS (btw two of the big tubes are kinda stretched out and funny looking like maybe the glass got pulled wrong or something while they were making them, anybody else ever have that happen?). Oh and I figured might as well get the full stack if I’m already spending this much so I got two matching Mesa 4x12 slant cabs and they sound AWESOME. Btw if anybody has any tips on how to get the top 4x12 speaker to sit on top of the other without wobbling around that would help me out. Mesa makes all the top halves of their 4x12 speakers lean up and back which makes them better for listening but it also means the tops of them are smaller than the bottoms so they’re hard to keep stable when you put them in a full stack. It’s fine for now though because I twisted the wheels on the top speaker inwards towards the middle so I’m good there as long as the stack is against the wall in my room.

ANYWAY I’ve almost got the perfect SRV / Hendrix / Clapton tone with my rig but I’m having trouble nailing down exactly where to set the EQ. How do you guys set those knobs to get the best SRV tones? I’m asking because the amp sounds good but every time I turn the mid knob down there’s still way too much mid even with the knob on 0 so I’d like to know how you guys get around that.

Thanks!

Last edited:
scott peterson, or whatever his name is, is a paranoid douche, he hides under some bizarre umbrella that TGP and he will be sued if we "say naughty stuff".

its not a woke thing. its a scott thing, if he thinks he could magically be sued for content created by users. so now he is the arbiter of taste there.

i just love that the rules arent posted anymore. the point system function got lost during the last update too,

i posted in "ask the mods" like 4 times - where are the rules and where is the point system explained - crickets....

meanwhile, i was banned for telling a guy "if you met me in person, i doubt you would call me a jerk" because scott said it could be "taken" that i was "threatening" the other guy. which i wasnt,

i messaged another mod on facebook to see if they could undo it. and he said "man scott does his thing and thinks he knows what will keep us out of legal trouble - but i almost always disagree with him"

having worked in regulatory and legal companies for 20 years, i can safely say that scott has his head up his ass and knows jack shit about slander law.

There has been an influx of TGP members coming here lately, myself included, so I figured I should bump this thread and keep the “new faces” thread about new faces.

It’s too bad what happened there. The rules have always been strict but there used to be a sense of community.
The new owners could not give a fuck about it’s members

Do the new owners see TGP as a revenue source?
I don’t have any inside information, but it sure seems that way. The amount of ads are certainly a hot topic there, and of course they offer the different levels of “supporting membership”. paying to use the site gets rid of the ads and allows you to use the classifieds.
The reasoning behind all the stupid bans always comes back to “protecting the site” in some way shape or form, and not for the sake of the members, so I think that really speaks volumes to the overall picture

There has been an influx of TGP members coming here lately, myself included, so I figured I should bump this thread and keep the “new faces” thread about new faces.

It’s too bad what happened there. The rules have always been strict but there used to be a sense of community.
The new owners could not give a fuck about it’s members
I also made a thread for us loosers in the Off-Topic section.

~ss

I don’t have any inside information, but it sure seems that way. The amount of ads are certainly a hot topic there, and of course they offer the different levels of “supporting membership”. paying to use the site gets rid of the ads and allows you to use the classifieds.
The reasoning behind all the stupid bans always comes back to “protecting the site” in some way shape or form, and not for the sake of the members, so I think that really speaks volumes to the overall picture
I got bumped when the PRS Silver Sky came out and I said it "looked gay". And their reasoning was that I was insulting artists. Nothing to do with the use of the word "gay", but insulting to John Mayer. There's a lot of homos over there with a Two-Rock amp love affair too because of Mayer playing them. Fags.

I got bumped when the PRS Silver Sky came out and I said it "looked gay". And their reasoning was that I was insulting artists. Nothing to do with the use of the word "gay", but insulting to John Mayer. There's a lot of homos over there with a Two-Rock amp love affair too because of Mayer playing them. Fags.
They did really like whenever I would post a selfie there.

Back