LTD Eclipse Full Thickness guitars ?

T model isn't slimmer but ont the other side is chambered. Plays good but still not at Gibson STD/Trad/Classic level. I prefer 'classic' Eclipses. They are thinner but uses better quality wood than LTD.

Gibson discussion aside. ESP makes some super high quality guitars for the coin.
Even if your not on a budget. Had probably 12-15 Lester’s over the years.
A Burney or other Japanese Gibson copies are good but why not just get a Les Paul. Millions of them around.

Love the look of this new one and + it has an Evertune if you are scared of installing one of these on a Gibson.

https://www.espguitars.com/products/27423-ec-1000t-ctm-evertune

original.png

So I am looking at the LTD Eclipse full Thickness body line up for my next guitar.

Wanted to see what people had to say about them as far as a comparison to a LesPaul Classic.

Please keep the negativity and Gibson bashing out.. I am interested in feedback whether it's positive or negative about the specific LTD line up.. not looking to start a war here.

Thanks
I have the latest Eclipse E-II full thickness. It's by far my favorite guitar. I was hunting for something that had the same feel as my dad's 90's Gibson LP and the modern Gibsons just didn't feel the same to me. The ESP nailed the feel and has all the modern features I am after like push-pull and locking tuners. I don't know if the LTD is at the same level as the E-II, but if it's even close I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. I'm considering ordering an LTD myself to see since no one around here ever has them in stock.

I sold my Gibson SG after realizing my LTD Viper 1000 was superior in every way to the SG. I know they're not les Paul's or LP style guitars, but it's LTD vs Gibson. Tone, tuning stability, finish etc... all better on the korean made LTD.

For the money the LTD 1000T's are good guitars. I used to have several LTD's but after getting my ESP eclipse i got rid of all but one of them. Kept one to have something to tune to d standard and lower. As someone who's owned the LTD's, has an ESP an 5 Les Pauls my advice would be to get an old standard series ESP Eclipse, a newer E-II Eclipse or an Edwards ELP that has either LTC or ALC at the end of the model name. Also, check out Greco's and Burny's if you're interested in Japanese LP copies.

that looks beautiful.. Do ever tunes feel and "play" different than standard bridges? I know from what I've read and see, they're amazing with tuning.
It’s different for sure, I have an Evertune installed on a Gibson Explorer. You lose a little bit of oomph and sustain because technically it’s a floating bridge. But otherwise, if you you are always fighting your Gibsons going out of tune, it’s a godsend. I can’t remember the last time I tuned it, I just get to play it.

getting back to my old 1000ctm it had emg's...an 81 and a 60 I think. I wanted to throw some gibson 57's in it like my old custom shop black beauty. Really curious to see how it would compare with passives in it. It sounded really good but I just can't gel with actives. Playability was top notch as well as fit and finish. I just can't believe what they are charging for them now new....

I bought an LTD EC1000T with the hopes of it having the stainless frets like the newer ones. I called Guitar Center asked them to confirm the country of origin and if it had SS frets. Of course they lied to me and sent it to me with a generic soft shell case and it was obviously used. I ended up trying it for a day before sending it back then spent a weekend trying single cuts out.

Ended up with a LP classic and couldn't be happier. It's really hard to find a LP replacement outside of a Gibson.

I stumbled upon this ad for an ESP on my local CL. It seems too good to be true.You know what they say. Dude is asking $800 for a real ESP with quilt top ,USA Kahler deluxe trem . He mentions the headstock may have been repainted but no cracks or breaks. I'm thinking if it was repainted it would be to cover an LTD into an ESP .What do you guys think. I have seen these ESP's going for $4K https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/msg/d/lake-worth-esp-guitar-kahler-trem/7484463519.html

This guitar is a fake. Headstock shape is the easy giveaway, but there are a lot of other tells.

I haven't played the EC-1000T model, but the every LTD 1000 series guitar I've played has been fantastic. I have no reason to believe the T model will ruin this opinion for me.

I have a trio of ESP's Standard Series FT Eclipses. I feel they retain a lot of the sonic characteristics of a Les Paul. The necks on my 3 are all slightly bigger than the necks on a "normal width" Eclipse, but they were also listed that way in the specs. I think they've reverted to the "thin U" neck for the E-II and LTD guitars. That would put the neck at around .83" at the 1st and .89" at the 12th. Weight wise, all three are in the 9lb 12oz range. But I don't know how that would relate to the LTD guitars.

that looks beautiful.. Do ever tunes feel and "play" different than standard bridges? I know from what I've read and see, they're amazing with tuning.
I have that LTD on preorder, and currently play an E-II and another LTD EC with Evertunes, but they aren’t thick bodies. I love the Evertunes but they take a little bit to get used to. Once you’re used to the setup they are a dream come true for gigging. I only tune once a week and even then I might only be slightly off perfect pitch. If you do a lot of bending, it will feel different at first, but it’s no more hassle than most trems.

Back