Epiphone gas-am I crazy?

I have an Epiphone 335 Pro, cost me $399 new.. I changed the wiring and pickups and it cured all of my gas for a Gibson 335.

no, but be picky

that finish on the ghosthorse is REALLY cool. i dont like floyds anymore though, but cool guitar

I have a buddy that has a ghost horse and really digs it. I was tempted on this and the black explorer. Epiphone are pretty consistent quality wise these days in my experience.

I was the same, Gibson or no go…until a few months ago when I picked up a B.Hinds V. It’s a bad mother ****** the paint job is awesome. Lately I’ve been eyeing the Cantrell Wino.

3CC9AFDB-94E8-4935-8B8B-09E1E481C4BC.jpeg

I really like my Wino! I polished the frets up a bit, and it leaves me wanting for nothing. It's a great guitar, and not just "for the price".

As Racer stated you really have to judge each guitar individually on your own. Some EPI's are pretty good and on par with Edwards, those were the MIK Epiphones in the late 90's and early 2000's. I have played a 2000 EPI LP custom and it was a solid guitar possibly even better than the Edwards lemon drop that I had. That being said I picked up the same year range gold top Epi expecting it to be the same quality and it wasn't near as nice as that EPI LP custom... Not even close...it was a POS with a crappy thin laminate top that might not have been maple and it was delaminating and it was bottom tier furniture grade mahogany at best.

My Luthier shot if full of epoxy under the laminate top because there was void underneath it, I gave it to a great kid that wanted to learn to play guitar.

That being said alot of people seem to be liking the new production Epiphones as of late. Maybe take a trip to a local GC and take one for a test spin and see what you think....

As Racer stated you really have to judge each guitar individually on your own. Some EPI's are pretty good and on par with Edwards, those were the MIK Epiphones in the late 90's and early 2000's. I have played a 2000 EPI LP custom and it was a solid guitar possibly even better than the Edwards lemon drop that I had. That being said I picked up the same year range gold top Epi expecting it to be the same quality and it wasn't near as nice as that EPI LP custom... Not even close...it was a POS with a crappy thin laminate top that might not have been maple and it was delaminating and it was bottom tier furniture grade mahogany at best.

My Luthier shot if full of epoxy under the laminate top because there was void underneath it, I gave it to a great kid that wanted to learn to play guitar.

That being said alot of people seem to be liking the new production Epiphones as of late. Maybe take a trip to a local GC and take one for a test spin and see what you think....
I have two 2000 MIK Epiphones that are great..will never sell them. That was definitely a good era. Also have a 2005 Indonesian that is crap..

Funny you mentioned this. I was at a velcro pygmys show this weekend, and thinking how sweet some of the Epi's guitarist was using looked

Back