Donner Guitar Strings - super cheap, um, inexpensive I mean.

Okay so I strung up a set and...well...they are guitar strings haha. I don't really notice any major difference between them and any of the other major brands tone-wise really. Maybe a little more bright? That's probably in my head though. I guess the real test now is longevity.
So far I'm interested! Since they only have two sets available, what tuning do you play in?

I just play in standard. Sometimes drop D, but rarely. Where are you located? I can send you a pack to try out if you want.
I live in CT in the U.S.

I'm going to politely decline your offer because I don't have any guitars in standard right now and not sure if I will in the near future. I just get excited when I see a good deal 😄 .

But Thanks anyways!

I finally got around to putting these strings on a guitar to try them out. They were OK, just OK. Nothing great, not total shit either. But I did not order any more, I ordered nickel wound fender 110s instead. The strings did not stay in tune well and that is my main complaint. The fender strings are $23 for a five pack delivered.

Experiment complete.

I finally got around to putting these strings on a guitar to try them out. They were OK, just OK. Nothing great, not total shit either. But I did not order any more, I ordered nickel wound fender 110s instead. The strings did not stay in tune well and that is my main complaint. The fender strings are $23 for a five pack delivered.

Experiment complete.
I was just thinking about posting, I really havent had any problems on them on my Strat or Tele. They aren't good they aren't bad. I'm gonna say 7/10 for value. Funny you say the Fender 110s, they are my usual string and my favorite haha

I was a D'Addario user forever until I had problems with the ball end unravelling with my Steinbergers. I switched over to Super Bullets and although D'Addario makes Super Bullets, they were a better quality. With the Floyd, I cut the end off so I don't need to pay extra for the Bullet end.

I wonder who actually makes Donner strings?

So the strings lasted about 1/4 as long as a quality string, not more than 5 hours of light practice before the b string broke. If these strings were used at band practice or at a gig, I would expect them to break in the first song.

I had that feeling when I first wiggled the end off the tuning peg, it snapped off after a wiggle or two whereas the Paradigm strings are a battle to break off at the tuner.

Shitty uneven sound, rough feeling, constantly stretching. Terrible fucking strings. I won't even give away the remaining packs to others to try, no need.

Where are they made? Let me guess, overseas? I knew they wouldn’t “stay in tone” as the product literature stated.

What about the Musicians Gear guitar strings from Musicians freind? Anyone tried those? Wasn't sure if they are the same as the Donner strings rebranded. $2.59 a pack or $11.45 five pack, $22.90 for 10 pack.

I was a D'Addario user forever until I had problems with the ball end unravelling with my Steinbergers. I switched over to Super Bullets and although D'Addario makes Super Bullets, they were a better quality. With the Floyd, I cut the end off so I don't need to pay extra for the Bullet end.

I wonder who actually makes Donner strings?
Probably the ones that make everything else, ya know the ramen noodle gang.

I have strung up 3 guitars now with them. I am not having the breaking issues that Markedman is having, but I did open a pack yesterday that the strings were corroded at the ball ends (not good).

Back