I have Tele GAS - Who's sportin' one for harder rock?

Can’t go wrong there man, if I was gonna have an actual Tele that’d be the one I’d get.
Yeah, it checked all the boxes for me. Classic color, 70's vibe, and beefier pickups. It's like a compromise between an LP and Strat. Has the Fender pedigree, but I'm sure it'll get nastier than a traditional Tele.

This one can go as well

iwmRV77.jpeg

I've wanted a Tele for quite some time, but I never really got along with single coils. So, I'm looking for one that may have a stacked humbucker in the bridge, or full-on humbucker, on the used market.

I've been on the fence with this one for some time if I bought new.. I don't know if there's a replacement pick guard that handles regular humbuckers as I'm not sure what to do if I don't like the pickups. They're bigger than standards, and screwed in all funky. The pickguard might be specific to this model..However, I've heard and read good things about these wide range pickups.... I may do some drop-D, but I won't be playing death metal with it by any means.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...-vintera-70s-telecaster-deluxe-vintage-blonde
They sound good here!

i have a 1972 Custom reissue (single in the bridge, oversized fender humbucker/not humbucker thing in the neck), I had the neck re-built by BKP (stupid really, I only did it so I could keep the Fender logo on the pickup cover, but now it has no resale compared to a stock p/up and a Loller, or any of the very nice brands that do make this sized pickup), and put a flat 50 in the bridge. Huge BKP paper caps, HQ pots...

It's just sitting there waiting to be wired up because my buddy (bless his heart) broke the lead coming off the winding on the Flat 50 (really stupid design though, the Tele single coil), and messed it up badly enough trying to fix it that I cannot copper tape it (what I wanted to do in the beginning), it will have to go back to BKP, I guess I have been dragging my heels on that.

On the plus side this will allow me to send back the Abraxas that I special ordered from BKP with no bobbin screw holes in the cover (he thought it would look cool that way with the lipstick single coil in the bridge...it looked fine. I told him he could listen to clips all he wanted, but he was probably going to want to swap pickups...an Aldrich and an SSH+ later...and we are looking at a Fluence...really. I told him now I have to go active on the neck too, and I am a little out of my depth with what to buy, so he is leaving it up to me...but, it is good practice, kind of fun, and it feels good to do something nice for someone. And to tell people on the internet about it of course.

I just use an old MIM Standard tele loaded with Dimarzio Twang Kings....I love the sound of it for just about everything

Here's a lil clip I did with it that I still dig (Tele > Pigtronix Aria > Yamaha THR10 direct to pc:)

I’ve had a couple. I use for hard rock/80s metal. The first had stock pickups (whatever comes in American Special). The second I put in a Dimarzio Chopper T. There’s a number of tele sized humbuckers that you can use

I got a Tribute G&L ASAT with AlNiCo pickups (not MFD). Great sounds out of it especially for the price, plus some incidental flaming on the maple neck.

I've always wondered though if you could use a Tele pickup without the Tele bridge/plate and still get the same sound. Would love to build a Partscaster with a TSS layout. I've never cared for bridge strat single coils, but love the Tele bridge pickup, while I love Strat middle/neck and don't really care for the Tele neck sounds.

Lots of heavy music has been recorded with Teles. Led Zeppelin obviously, but even Soundgarden and the like used Teles extensively in the studio on Superunknown and Down On The Upside.

I've wanted a Tele for quite some time, but I never really got along with single coils. So, I'm looking for one that may have a stacked humbucker in the bridge, or full-on humbucker, on the used market.

I've been on the fence with this one for some time if I bought new.. I don't know if there's a replacement pick guard that handles regular humbuckers as I'm not sure what to do if I don't like the pickups. They're bigger than standards, and screwed in all funky. The pickguard might be specific to this model..However, I've heard and read good things about these wide range pickups.... I may do some drop-D, but I won't be playing death metal with it by any means.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...-vintera-70s-telecaster-deluxe-vintage-blonde
They sound good here!

I did want one until I played one so I bought another PRS instead. Thing kicks ass

The Richie Kotzen Telecaster is incredible I've owned a couple over the years and they sound and play incredible and if I remember right you like a chunky neck because they do have a nice neck to them.
I had one of those too! I really regret letting it go. Awesome sounding guitar, and great player.

Back