Herbert revisions compared

Z_13

I've never owned, but have always been a fan of the Herbert. I've always wanted one, but was either not in the financial position to purchase one, or just never pulled the trigger on one. Been considering possibly picking one up.

What is the difference between the mk1, mk2, and mk3? I'm sure it's subjective, but which one would be considered the best Herbert, and why? I know when talking about the Bogner Uberschall the rev 2 has been considered the best, is it similar with the Herbert? Is an older version better than the newer versions?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have mk 1 and mk 3 . I love both kept both . I still prefer mk 1 . It’s just bigger sounding . But mk 3 is more modern and way tighter . I just played all my Diezels yesterday in a shoot out for fun. I like both Herberts over my Vh4. But mk 2 never felt like I needed to try .

Gotcha. I feel like I would like the Mk 1 more then. I know the Herbert, and Uberschall are like comparing apples to oranges, but the reason I prefer the rev 2 Uber is because it sounds bigger, and is not as tight as the Rev Blue, or Twin Jet. If I want to tighten it up I would throw an OD in front of it. Thanks.

Gotcha. I feel like I would like the Mk 1 more then. I know the Herbert, and Uberschall are like comparing apples to oranges, but the reason I prefer the rev 2 Uber is because it sounds bigger, and is not as tight as the Rev Blue, or Twin Jet. If I want to tighten it up I would throw an OD in front of it. Thanks.
I literally was just taking the other day about how if I’m hired to do a cover band show I use Herbert mk 1 . From ballads to classic rock to metal even blues and country . I have a Bogner Uberschall that I live but much prefer Herbert

Back