There is not a single Cameron in anyone’s backline

• Thread starter Deleted member 13074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13074

that I’ve heard of

Not had the privilege to try one, but a bud told me his CCVs didn‘t work when above medium volume
that might tie in with the recent info from Doug Aldrich saying he only uses his Cameron mod in the studio

I’m stirring, but also interested in clearing the mists

Here’s one

AF60E060-B0D1-4307-B8DC-8774D3038768.jpeg

They’re all over artist albums and regularly get super high-end studio use though.

James Lugo still rocks an ocean modded 79 JMP in his studio that he’s had it as his main rock amp for well over a decade.

The dude himself (Mark Cameron) is a POS. The amps sound good in the right hands. If they didn’t people wouldn’t be chasing them even today. I’ve never been a fan of Mark and he’s fucked a lot of people over the years. But you only live once and I want to try a CCV before I die.

Last edited:
The one I had sounded great. Never used it with my old band at volume, but I do know the 2nd guitar player in Porcupine Tree, John Wesley had the same mod I had (3 channel) and used it live.

Doug Aldrich said he used his.

John Norum…..

I don’t see the point of this thread except another bashing. I guess that makes people feel better. Have a great night.

They’re all over artist albums and regularly get super high-end studio use though.

James Lugo still rocks an ocean modded 79 JMP in his studio that he’s had it as his main rock amp for well over a decade.

The dude himself is a POS. The amps sound good in the right hands. If they didn’t people wouldn’t be chasing them even today. I’ve never been a fan of Mark and he’s fucked a lot of people over the years. But you only live once and I want to try a CCV before I die.
I think they (particularly the CCV) sound good in pretty much anyone's hands. I've heard some not so great players on it and the tone itself still was what it was. It's a forgiving amp that feels very good and easy to play. PsychoDave I remember once joked that it adds 10 years of talent to one's playing

that I’ve heard of

Not had the privilege to try one, but a bud told me his CCVs didn‘t work when above medium volume
that might tie in with the recent info from Doug Aldrich saying he only uses his Cameron mod in the studio

I’m stirring, but also interested in clearing the mists
My CCV seems to operate well at any volume, but that is simply anecdotal. It’s been problem-free since I bought it many years ago. I’ve seen only one other CCV in person and it also seemed pretty solid. These are both “Brad era” amps.

Has anyone ever put any schematics online? I'm hoping one day I'll be able to build my own clone/version.

Aldrich, Norum are the two players that I know of that have recorded with them; Aldrich had a Cameron Standel amp in his touring rack long ago but I forget if it was even used much.
The 6-8 modded Marshalls I've owned (I forget exactly) are still the best modded Marshalls I've owned. But, the gap is small enough vs say a Monomyth that one shouldn't bother chasing them unless you can find them for a nice deal.

Who really gives a shit anymore. He's hasn't been putting any amps out and they don't come up used so Camerons are not viable today. Not many of us could get one of we wanted for less than an insane amount of money. It's almost the same as saying the same thing about a Jose Arredondo.

I wish I had that Ocean I sold Lugo for $1900.00 back. It wasn't a JMP though so maybe its not the same amp. It was a JCM800. He called me up saying he never really bonded with any of the Camerons he had but he still wanted to try the Ocean, because it was the one mod he hadn't played. He beat me up on price but I sold it to him. He was blown away by it. It was the most massive sounding Cameron I owned out of the 10 or so I had.

The amp he modded for me in 2000, if you boosted it it cut the volume. There was no way around it. Superlead boosted ate it alive, sold it

Back