There is not a single Cameron in anyone’s backline

• Thread starter Deleted member 13074
  • Start date
How many pre-Brad CCVs were built? And was there ever only one CCM?
There was never an official count since it was all handled by Mark and Chris.

There was a second CCM built for that famous guitar woman named Chelsea, but it was apparently stolen. The only other one I know of was the one I think Chris Schmidt himself owns.

Why would you ever see one of these in a backline ??? Whenever you go to shows you see the same amps and most of them are Marshalls with a few Mesa's, Bogners,Fender etc. They are cheaper and tons more available than the oddball boutique amps out there and they can be EQ'ed to sound fine through a PA .

All the crap people spend money on on this forum is flavor of the day with most of it being back up for sale 2 months later . When you see most touring rock acts doing fly in dates you're not going to see Cameron or alot of the one off boutique stuff .

My .02

Is this about the Cameron branded amps, or the modded Marshalls?

The modded RI plexi I had was god-like. If you were allowed to play at space-shuttle volumes.

Why would you ever see one of these in a backline ??? Whenever you go to shows you see the same amps and most of them are Marshalls with a few Mesa's, Bogners,Fender etc. They are cheaper and tons more available than the oddball boutique amps out there and they can be EQ'ed to sound fine through a PA .

All the crap people spend money on on this forum is flavor of the day with most of it being back up for sale 2 months later . When you see most touring rock acts doing fly in dates you're not going to see Cameron or alot of the one off boutique stuff .

My .02
I played the 5150 II in my signature all through my teens and in countless bands until I went to college in my mid 20s. Does it do the job? Sure. Could I be content with just that one amp? Sure. But I couldn’t afford a lot of the amps out today regardless of what was popular until now.

It’s also not hurting anyone and cycling gear helps a lot of people try things on the used market you cannot buy today.

The majority of my amps I’ve hunted for over the course of decades. I don’t normally sell or flip amps because I know what I like and dislike. I can’t speak for everyone, but what people buy or sell inevitability isn’t any of my business.

>I played the 5150 II in my signature all through my teens

I think you should count yourself exceedingly lucky to have played such a nice amplifier through your teens. This is not a dig, just saying that some of us were stuck with SS peaveys and crates until our 20s.

>I played the 5150 II in my signature all through my teens

I think you should count yourself exceedingly lucky to have played such a nice amplifier through your teens. This is not a dig, just saying that some of us were stuck with SS peaveys and crates until our 20s.
Lucky?

I started out on a shit solid state fender 2x12 just like everyone else. Before that I had to bum and borrow. I worked my ass off to buy both amps new working minimum wage unloading retail freight trucks. I still own my 5150II because I trust it and sentimentally know what it can do.

So don’t think for a second that just because I gigged such an amp I didn’t start from humble shit tone beginnings. I just worked my ass off to make it happen.

Who wouldnt want one of these in their backline?

Zbfe1w5.png

Lucky?

I started out on a shit solid state fender 2x12 just like everyone else. Before that I had to bum and borrow. I worked my ass off to buy both amps new working minimum wage unloading retail freight trucks. I still own my 5150II because I trust it and sentimentally know what it can do.

So don’t think for a second that just because I gigged such an amp I didn’t start from humble shit tone beginnings. I just worked my ass off to make it happen.

I experienced a lot of this when I was in high school. I bought a Carvin Legacy half-stack when they first came out, had a good sized pedalboard with mostly newer pedals on it and a couple MIJ Ibanez guitars (a couple JEMs and an RG7620). I started working when I was 14, under the table at a small restaurant. When I was 16 I was working two part time jobs plus going to high school to pay for my truck, insurance and gear. I caught a lot of shit on forums for having the gear I did.

Before all that stuff, I was playing a Fender Champ 25 for about 5 years, which my father bought me when he realized I was hooked on playing guitar and wasn’t going to let up. He also got me an MIM Strat my 2nd or 3rd year playing guitar for the same reasons. After that, I was given my first JEM as a bribe for moving out of state into a really shitty situation when I did not want to (my father and his then girlfriend-who-was-married wanted us to move into her house with her husband and kids…..that fucking sucked).

I rolled a fuck-ton of burritos and made a shitload of Subway sandwiches for my gear.

Who wouldnt want one of these in their backline?

Zbfe1w5.png
That would break my heart if someone modded one of my old Marshall amplifiers and did that to it, I would be freaking livid.
I understand ‘why’ he did it, but, if I wasn’t forewarned, (so I could stay clear of that specific modder) … I would be so upset.

The longer I play the less important what gear I am using is. Sure I have my preferences. But I would be happy with any decent amp and maybe a few pedals if needed.

You rarely see any of the amps common talked about on this forum in a backline. I'm surprised when I see one.

That was my amp. I sent Mark a 50 watt Canadian JCM 800 and he never mentioned anything about gooping or spray painting the inside. When I opened it up to see his work I was pretty upset. It sounded good but the amp was rendered non serviceable after that mod, goop, and spray paint. It also took almost 2 years to get back and the only reason why I got it back was because kurtstuff was at Mark's house and he was kind enough to take it out of there and ship it back to me.

Attachments

• Zbfe1w5.png
    Zbfe1w5.png
    265.9 KB · Views: 35
That was my amp. I sent Mark a 50 watt Canadian JCM 800 and he never mentioned anything about gooping or spray painting the inside. When I opened it up to see his work I was pretty upset. It sounded good but the amp was rendered non serviceable after that mod, goop, and spray paint. It also took almost 2 years to get back and the only reason why I got it back was because kurtstuff was at Mark's house and he was kind enough to take it out of there and ship it back to me.
True story! And I was with you when Andy fuchs took that picture , he then put it up on amp garage ! .... you took that amp to him to put a Tube loop in , and he opened it and was like nope , I'll do a passive insert loop and sell you an external buffer loop ....

Back