SOLD: Metropoulos Metroplex #001

Matt you know your way around amps better than most people. Maybe you should do the modification yourself.

A few of my friends did it and said it wasn't difficult. But they had a Cameron there to compare. A few people said they sounded better than what Mark did.

She nasty :rock:

Voiced like a stock Marshall with extended lows and grinding highs on the verge of what a 4 stage design can do. It has way more gain than anything I’ve ever heard which lets you dial it way back on pregain to get that high mid clean bite undertone that will still shake your jorts.

Low input brings it back to a hotrodded 3 stage Marshall that can still take a boost like an SD-1 if you still want that flavor too. The low input separately can be dialed in for great cleans but right now shares the same pregain as the hi input.

She’s all 6550s and just mean as hell. I’ve never played an amp that wants to rip your face off as much as this one.

Here’s a gut picture, this isn’t the final revision so I don’t mind sharing it.

View attachment 125329
Can’t wait to hear it fr

The one thing I find most people don’t realize about these Metropoulos amplifiers is just how much available gain they have, ‘useable’ gain, not fuzz, not oversaturated crap, but useable HI - gain,
And, the Trump card is the massive 68 Plexi tone in spades!

It’s Van Halen to Ratt to Zeppelin all in one amp. You can also boost the onboard boost since it’s high voltage nfet based which is what I do. I dial back the gain, turn the boost on around 2, then hit it with an SD-1. It sounds great. The ONLY reason I am selling is that there’s a lot of overlap with my 74 I’ve built over the years and I don’t play the metroplex as much. That’s it. Killer sounding amp. Also loud AF.

Honestly if it doesn’t sell soon I’m going to unbox it and keep it. I really don’t have the desire to go through all of the tax bullshit on reverb over it.

Looking to sell my amp outright as I am interested in more of a combo but would you be interested in a Henning Bottle Rocket head? If not, no worries!

Just FYI but these were more expensive than the DVL-1 that is out today. These were $3600 new plus tax and shipping in 2014 money.

Sending it up :cheers:

Last edited:
Back